Notices

Do you have your Defi's wired to ign acc..?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2008, 07:36 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Do you have your Defi's wired to ign acc..?

I've just added an oil pressure gauge to complement my Defi oil temp and boost- as some of you may be already aware..

Having originally wired the controller as per instructions (ie orange wire to ign acc) I'm now getting a bit pi55ed off with the low oil pressure warning/beep on acc ign (ie just sitting listening to radio.. ) with engine off/no pressure.

Obviously I can wire the orange acc to ign live, but has anyone else done this or you just put up with it..?
Old 03 May 2008, 08:05 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

i just live with it and turn the stereo up a bit more
Old 03 May 2008, 08:08 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

You can pause the gauges.

Press play, then up or down and it'll stop beeping... provided you've recorded something long enough to pause them
Old 03 May 2008, 08:15 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ilogikal1

Press play, then up or down and it'll stop beeping... provided you've recorded something long enough to pause them
I don't actually mean whilst viewing a playback, I mean when I get into the car and just switch to ign acc (ie no dash lights on) the oil pressure warning goes off as the engine is not running (therefor zero oil pressure).

Or am I misinterpreting your post and you can silence any alarms, as per your instructions..?

Lol, I'm not going to leave it as it is, it's doing my head in. I'll just wire the CU up to an ign switched live..

Last edited by jasonius; 05 May 2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: incorrect info supplied
Old 03 May 2008, 08:18 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

The only way I know of to silence the warnings is to pause it during playback. Once in playback the warnings wont sound, but without rewiring I'm not aware of any other way
Old 03 May 2008, 08:52 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

I had this when my defi's were first fitted and it pi$$ed me off, went back to xtreme scoobies who fitted them and they wired them so they only become live when on the second ign acc
Old 03 May 2008, 09:45 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
I had this when my defi's were first fitted and it pi$$ed me off, went back to xtreme scoobies who fitted them and they wired them so they only become live when on the second ign acc
There's the answer..!
Old 03 May 2008, 11:45 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Only had my defi's a couple of weeks and this is annoying me aswell, was thinking of putting a switch on the swtichable live so i could turn the gauges off when i want to sit listening to the radio whilst waiting for the mrs.
Old 04 May 2008, 11:31 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
Only had my defi's a couple of weeks and this is annoying me aswell, was thinking of putting a switch on the swtichable live so i could turn the gauges off when i want to sit listening to the radio whilst waiting for the mrs.
It's easy enough to find an ign swithed live and wire the orange CU wire to that. This also saves the opening ceremony doing a double take..

There is a mention in the oil pressure instructions that this warning will sound 'if' you have the orange wire connected to acc ign supply. This leads me to think that a lot of people don't..

This is my 5min job for today, if it stops raining that is..!

Last edited by jasonius; 05 May 2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Wrong info supplied
Old 04 May 2008, 04:15 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
It's easier to just connect the orange acc wire together with the red ign wire. This also saves the opening ceremony doing a double take..

There is a mention in the oil pressure instructions that this warning will sound 'if' you have the orange wire connected to acc ign supply. This leads me to think that a lot of people don't..

This is my 5min job for today, if it stops raining that is..!
Cheers, will have to look into that
Old 04 May 2008, 07:08 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ilogikal1

it is really easy to stop the alarm just by doing what ilogikal is saying you only have to press two buttons and you have silence.
ken
Old 05 May 2008, 01:02 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by scooby-k
it is really easy to stop the alarm just by doing what ilogikal is saying you only have to press two buttons and you have silence.
ken
Is this the case during a real time alarm..? I thought ilogikal mean't during playback..

This wouldn't be an option however, as the wife, who drives the car as much as I do, wouldn't be messing about with the controller. Lol, I've made her papanoid enough with just starting and driving the thing 'properly', any other thing to think of and she'd likely have a wobbler..

Anyhow, I've rewired the orange wire (from controller) but NOT to the red one as I originally said (I'll edit that post..). If you do it that way the gauges will be on 24/7 regardless of ign..!

You need to find an ign swithched live. I found one supplying the HAVC, which on my 05 blob (and I would imagine the same on any 05> blob or hawkeye) is orange/green and at the end of one of the two block connectors going into the back of the heating and ventilation controls. Either way it's easy enough to find one if you have a muliti tester and 20mins. If you remove any existing 'scotch lok' type connectors make sure you cover any exposed wire with some sort of insulation tape..!

Silence is golden..

PS I'll try the silence mode as this can be handy when you get a warning whilst driving (espescially if you have them set too low)..