Notices

Looking for advice on buying a sports cat.

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2008, 02:13 PM
MrWiGgLeS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on buying a sports cat.

Hi!

Hopefully someone may be able to help me out with a few question I have with regard to buying a sports cat for my GC8.

I've had a look around on a number of websites, looking for a good sports cat. I'm a little confused what the difference is between a 100pcm type and a 200pcm type. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Reason I ask is cos I saw that Ninja did a 100pcm sports cat for 299, but I have since had my car in to A.S performance for some other work and he is now fitting me a sports cat as well, zt a price of £450. Found out today that the cat he will be fitting is a 200pcm. Some people recommend the 100pcm, so I'm well confused...

Is the 200PCM cat any better? Anybody had a sports cat fitted by A.S performance, and is it any good? Will i get a decent upping of BHP form the fitting of the cat, taking into account i already got a decent 3" cat back system installed.? Tonnes of wuestions I know, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mods for my car.

Hope you can help.

Cheers!!
Old 08 April 2008, 04:16 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have look at the Ninja Sports Cat:

Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Subaru Impreza Ninja Downpipe with Fast Flow 100 Cell Sports Cat

As they say, the 200 is more restrictive so you will achieve better gains with the 100.

The Ninja passes MOTs on its own - I have one on mine and flown through 2 MOTs with no problems at all

With your decent system and a 100 cell Sports cat you should achieve decent gains yes, but only if you remap.

If you don't you will naturally achieve some more bhp/torque but for maximum gain you need to remap.

For e.g., before remapping mine ran 230bhp and afterwards 273bhp.

Also, the remap makes driveability so much better all through the rev range.