Notices

Steering column problems

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2008, 01:15 PM
astro2k
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering column problems

Right where to start, i have just got my first subaru impreza its a M reg wrx gc8, when i got the car 3 weeks ago the last owner had i parked on his drive way, he got one morning to find his car park down the street, not where he left it the night before

After a better look he could see that some A** hole had tryed to nick it.he then decided to sel it, i new all this as it was printed in the add.

The car needed a new drivers door lock, new alarm fitted as the thiefs tryed pulling the old alarm out to get it started, they did snap the steering lock to.

I was happy the car needed some work, my first port of call was a new CAT1 alarm fitted ( the damaged one taken out ) this solved the starting problem it now started with a turn of a screwdriver

That was fine i could drive her home, now parked up in my garage on the internet to fine new drivers door lock and steering column with a working steering lock.

After hunting around i found these no problem, fitted the door lock easy. the problem is the new column, i removed the old one 12mm bolt on the rack 2 x 14mm bolts under the dash nardi steering wheel an boss storks ect...
got the new one on but is about 1" shorter so i cant get it to fit, it came off an M reg wrx the same as mine
After a closer look there is a small sicker with ND (maybe part number?)
on the old one i have DA.
Can anyone shed some light on this its doing my head in