Notices

Clear Adhesive Protection Film fo painted surfaces?

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2008, 08:02 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Adhesive Protection Film fo painted surfaces?

I am sick and tired of respraying my front bumper and splitter due to stine chips. I can do it fairly easily and quickly but it would be better if I didn't have to.

The bumper isn't as bad as the splitter, so its the splitter I am concerned with.

Now, you can get a rubberised stretchy film for mobile phones that would be good for painted surfaces. A company in the states manufactures this film but won't supply in large sheets.

invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield or something like that.

So does anyone here have any suggestions as to who may supply this film in the UK? I can get my hands on clear vinyl film from my local sign makers, but that's probably not up to the job.

Cheers,

Wayne.
Old 16 March 2008, 08:06 PM
ian10
Scooby Regular

my newage sti has this fitted all over the bottom of the car bumpers spoilers etc, i believe it was fitted from new on my car, so Subaru must get it done . I believe it costs in the region of £500-£1000 and it works really well not one stone chip on my car at all.
Old 16 March 2008, 08:19 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Just found Ventureshield which does exactly what I want. I'm not too worried about the car in general as I do all my own 2k paintwork, its the front end which in the last month or so has been hammered to death!

Wayne.