Notices

Exhaust sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2008, 11:33 PM
toger13
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust sugestions?

hi have recently purchased a 54 plate impreza wrx and am after some exhaust advice i am after a good quality exhaust for performance i am hoping in the future to get a fair few more horses out of in the future so dont want to have to buy twice i will probably end up upgrading the turbo and moving to front mount intercooler if that has any bearing

i am after a full system and probably manifold but im new to the subaru tuning so dont know whats good and whats bad as manufactures can vary from car to car

what bore should i look for 3 inch or mayby more?

any sugestions are welcome

Thanks
Si
Old 11 March 2008, 11:49 PM
m18hof
Scooby Regular

thats a coincidence mate, im getting an 04 WRX and was wondering the exact same

cheers in advance
Old 12 March 2008, 01:47 PM
Emoe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by toger13
hi have recently purchased a 54 plate impreza wrx and am after some exhaust advice i am after a good quality exhaust for performance i am hoping in the future to get a fair few more horses out of in the future so dont want to have to buy twice i will probably end up upgrading the turbo and moving to front mount intercooler if that has any bearing

i am after a full system and probably manifold but im new to the subaru tuning so dont know whats good and whats bad as manufactures can vary from car to car

what bore should i look for 3 inch or mayby more?

any sugestions are welcome

Thanks
Si

IMO 3 inch is great for most tuning, so go with that.
Theres loads of exhausts out there, some are cheap and crap some are expensive and crap!!
loads on here like the Scoobysport for obvious reasons, I have an Afterburner turbo back 3" thats Brilliant! DONT buy cheapo peco or other crap from the basic £1 motorist center stores, theyre poorly made, sound like a nova's BEE IN A TIN CAN and are mostly made from either steel or alloy! Always get stainless, the extra money you spend is WELL worth it.
My pipes are stainless throughout, and remove the turbo cat and the center cat, replaces the rear box with a large SS box and a neat tailpipe, not a large wheeliebin sized thing! there are some back boxes that will give a brilliant sound, others are Too quiet for MY liking, depends on what you want.

Wait to see what people have on here and what they say about fitting, sound and performance before you buy! You could also go to one of the meets and listen to the Scoobys running, see what you like and ask!

Good luck!

Last edited by Emoe; 12 March 2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12 March 2008, 08:05 PM
toger13
Scooby Newbie

am also thinking about an equal length manifold i know the normal scooby sound wont be there but doesnt really bother me also a turbo up pipe

Any recomendations welcome as there is so much choice lol

Si
Old 13 March 2008, 08:59 AM
toger13
Scooby Newbie

^^^

Si
Old 13 March 2008, 09:54 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

You will loose out on spool and power with equal length manifolds unless you are looking at a big power build, it would be better to get your std headers ported if you are not tunning it big i.e not over 350bhp.
Harvey Smith can port them for you and supply a very good up pipe that works very well.
The rest of the exhaust, i run a full 3" decat, the down pipe is by RCMS and it's mated to a Revolution system, i find the combination works very well indeed