Notices

stolen scoob...can some1 pls help

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2008, 12:55 PM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen scoob...can some1 pls help

had my 93 subaru wrx import stolen the other day. heartbreaking. the police have found the car but keys are no where to be seen. they broke the window to access the vehicle but now i will need to find an ignition key...does anyone know where i get one from? its got a key fob for the cobra alarm which i will contact cobra about but need the mechanical key too!

cheers
Old 07 March 2008, 02:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

if the keys have gone then get the whole car and barrels replaced, not worht the risk
Old 07 March 2008, 03:46 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

They broke the window when they had the keys ???
Old 08 March 2008, 08:56 AM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

no the police borke the windows to gain entry as the car was found locked up. yeah i think its worth the extra money getting barrels changed. i need to find a code thats on the igniton barrel and the cobra alarm - a serial number- any idea where these codes would be located? cheers
Old 08 March 2008, 11:28 AM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

I the serial numbers should be on the main unit depending on the model of alarm, if the siren has big wiring loom coming out of it the numbers should be there if not there will be a hidden brain behind the dash, I'm sure that the code you need would have been supplied on a metal tag with the actual alarm fob (I may be wrong), after a theft with the keys I would recommend changing the alarm anyway. if you can get me the model number I have instructions diagrams for most cobra alarms I will check it out for you
Old 09 March 2008, 08:20 PM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

ah ok. well i got the choice of waiting until thursday (paying 12 bucks a day where its been stored) and getting replicate fob and immobiliser stick or paying 90quid to get the immobiliser and alarm removed and driving it home tomorrow. what bwouold you recommend? also, is it easy to reattach alarm and immobiliser once its been removed? cheers pal
Old 09 March 2008, 08:54 PM
chowwie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rodgtt
ah ok. well i got the choice of waiting until thursday (paying 12 bucks a day where its been stored) and getting replicate fob and immobiliser stick or paying 90quid to get the immobiliser and alarm removed and driving it home tomorrow. what bwouold you recommend? also, is it easy to reattach alarm and immobiliser once its been removed? cheers pal
hi look in your log book you might find a card in there with an override code which you can use to over ride alarm immobiliser temporarily

this will have to be done when you have fitted new ignition as you need to turn key several times to input codes

hope this helps
Old 10 March 2008, 12:39 AM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chowwie
hi look in your log book you might find a card in there with an override code which you can use to over ride alarm immobiliser temporarily

this will have to be done when you have fitted new ignition as you need to turn key several times to input codes

hope this helps
I have just read through some of the Cobra manuals I have If you haven't got an overide code sequence then you will have the key overide, the overide code should have been provided on a card a the point of purchase if you haven't got the code then you may be in trouble as this code is needed to program the new alarm remotes aswell as overide the alarm, but you shouldn't have to unistall the whole alarm to get it home a simple bypass on the immobilizer circuit will do it, but i would still recommend having a new alarm fitted instead of paying out for the replacement remotes, I know a mobile Clifford installer who is quite resonably priced.
I do know what the default code is for these alarms so provided it hasn't been changed your in business, I won't post the default code on here so if you want it then please PM me, if your local I may be able to give you a hand getting it going
Old 10 March 2008, 11:03 AM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

cheers for the help mate. right ive not got much paper work really, just the log book, and alarm installation certificate - and i cant find any code on there. i prev owner has still got some of the paper work - mostly in japanese so have been trying to contact him but no luck yet. the only option ive got at the moment is to get a new key cut today then get the locksmith to override the immobiliser - he seems confident he can do this. if i supplied the alarm serial number to the shop it was bought from, would they be able to supply the override code to me? god this is either gonna take ages or be very expensive! rod
Old 10 March 2008, 04:59 PM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

got the serial number off the alarm. the installers are now saying i need the original fob to reprogramme the immobiliser?! so i may as well just get rid of the whole alarm system. nightmare. cheers for all your help tho. rod