Notices

Unplugged o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2008, 08:45 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unplugged o2 sensor

A while back, the CEL came on in my car and the faults that came on were the o2 sensor and the MAF.

The car wasnt driving very well, hard to explain, it was very hesitant and died a lot when pulling away from junctions so I just put this down to the faulty MAF.

The MAF was changed and the problem way cured for a little while but returned and it was doing my head in so much, I unplugged the o2 sensor which has totally cured the problem and transformed the drivability of the car.

Will the o2 sensor being unplugged have any adverse effect on the car and is it safe to run it like this tilll I can buy the sensor?
Old 16 February 2008, 09:47 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unplugging the O2 sensor would have the effect of richening the mixture. Assuming it's weak as a result of another problem, it would make the car feel better. Best get it checked out ASAP. In the meantime, only drive it if you have to, and treat the throttle pedal like it's attached to your nuts by barbed wire..