Notices

Disconnect immobiliser

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2008, 09:49 AM
ScoobyNess
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnect immobiliser

Hiya! I have posted a thread on here recently about problems I am having with my alarm & it's still playing up, I just wondered if anyone can help me?

It has started to get worse now & I need to get it sorted somehow! The problem is as follows:

I have to press the fob several times to un-lock/lock & can only do it close to the car where as before I had a problem I could open my car from quite a distance. I have changed the battery in my fob & the green light works so I assume thats all ok. I have 2 fobs for my car & neither of them seem to work correctly. Sometimes it will lock/un-lock fine & then other times you can't lock it all! If you flick the fob lightly this seems to help (but is prob just a coincidence!) I dont press the fob hard & I give it a bit of time between presses & I have tried doing it through skin (as someone on here suggested) & none of it works! I am not worried about locking the car with key but if I do this I cant disable the immobiliser (check engine light wont come on) which then means I cant start it!! I dont know if the problem is with the car or the fobs! Also if I take either of the fobs apart & move the battery around & put it back together it seems to work sometimes!! If anyone has any ideas on what it could be I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks
Old 18 January 2008, 10:07 AM
charlesr
Scooby Regular

Don't know if this is the same thing, but on my motorbike alarm, one day I couldn't disable it, even though the fob battery was fine. I phoned the installer and he said the code?frequency? (can't remember) had probably difted. All I had to do was press both buttons on the fob together to rematch it to the receiver. Weird heh? Anyway, since there's only one button on my classic fob, this solution isn't valid, but perhaps the cause is? Totally unhelpful post I know....
Old 18 January 2008, 10:22 AM
ScoobyNess
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by charlesr
Don't know if this is the same thing, but on my motorbike alarm, one day I couldn't disable it, even though the fob battery was fine. I phoned the installer and he said the code?frequency? (can't remember) had probably difted. All I had to do was press both buttons on the fob together to rematch it to the receiver. Weird heh? Anyway, since there's only one button on my classic fob, this solution isn't valid, but perhaps the cause is? Totally unhelpful post I know....
Hiya thats not un-helpful at all! I have 2 buttons on my fob (I think it is an
aftermarket one!) so I will have a go at doing that & see what happens, you never know!! Thanks for your post!
Old 19 January 2008, 10:53 PM
mike2294
Scooby Newbie

probably not the same thing, but i used to have an alfa 156 and the imoboliser sometimes wouldnt switch off. Turned out that there is an ariel wire wrapped round ignition barrel, and the signal weakens over time. Think it cost me a fiver for a new one.
Old 20 January 2008, 04:33 PM
fastham
Scooby Regular

contact sigma sam,
most helpful guy on the planet.
will probably be radio lock.