Notices

Vacum pipe - boost gauge...

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2008, 08:04 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacum pipe routing - MY03 STi

Just fitting a boost gauge to my 2003 JDM STi, first time i`ve had a closer look at the vacum pipeing under the bonnet, and now i`m wondering if its all connected right anywyas...

The blue hose comes from the Turbo outlet and is t-pieced, one to the actuator and one to what i`m guessing is the boost controller. The other pipe comes from just after the air flow meter and goes to the boost controller also.

Used to working on Vaux Turbo engines, so this seems a bit differetn but could be fine..

Last edited by Bicco; 12 January 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12 January 2008, 09:05 PM
marks1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bicco
Just fitting a boost gauge to my 2003 JDM STi, first time i`ve had a closer look at the vacum pipeing under the bonnet, and now i`m wondering if its all connected right anywyas...

The blue hose comes from the Turbo outlet and is t-pieced, one to the actuator and one to what i`m guessing is the boost controller. The other pipe comes from just after the air flow meter and goes to the boost controller also.

Used to working on Vaux Turbo engines, so this seems a bit differetn but could be fine..
hi it looks to be the same as my yr 00 and shes running fine damm did i reallysay that its never going too go in the morning
Old 12 January 2008, 09:15 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

May have answered my own question with a bit more digging, from what i can gather the standard 2 port boost controller works kind of like an electronic bleed valve bleeding an ECU controlled amount of air from the hose that links the Compressor and the Actuator.
This just strikes me as odd, no wonder people upgrade to a 3 port boost solenoid, where the solenoid is actually in line between the two. Vaux even use this "3 port" set up on the old Cavalier and Calibra Turbos!
Old 12 January 2008, 09:40 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Ok now looking further into it, i`m missing a restrictor pill!! where do i get one from, main dealer?