Notices

Boost Gauge Fitment (hoses...?) With pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2008, 05:25 AM
scooby-wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Gauge Fitment (hoses...?) With pics...

Hey guys,

I've never fitted a boost gauge before, but I've had one for ages (since before I even got a turbo'd car) so I thought I'd fit it to see if it works. Its a mechanical Blitz (ancient) gauge.

I have a 96 Version 3 STI Type RA. I'm not 100% sure if I fitted it in the right place, the only reason I connected it where I did is because the previous owner had an electronic boost gauge, but removed it so he just plugged the hose up and left the T junction in place.

The hose I connected it to goes from the manifold and runs to the boost solenoid area. I drove it a short distance to check it works and it boosts to 1.1 bar according to the gauge.

In this pic, I coloured the hose (with photoshop) which the gauge is connected to yellow.

The T junction is between the solenoid and the turbo. The yellow hose is the one which comes from the manifold and the blue hose is the one which goes to my boost gauge.

This is where the manifold hose ends (yellow), it connects to the bottom of the brown plug...

The gauge (haven't decided where to mount it yet). I'll probably end up putting it on the steering column on the left (behind the steering wheel).

I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers!

Last edited by scooby-wrx; 12 January 2008 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12 January 2008, 08:18 AM
old bob
Scooby Regular

should be fine mate, mine is tee'd off one of the 3 small ports on the top of the inlet manifold, but it all gets the same pressure
Old 12 January 2008, 11:44 AM
scooby-wrx
Scooby Regular

old bob, appreciate the reply. Thanks allot mate.

I wasn't sure I'd get a correct reading from this hose and 1.1 bar seemed a bit high... I only have a 3.5" HKS Exhaust, other than that its completely standard.