Notices

fuel guage not working

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2008, 11:59 AM
jlodge7624
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel guage not working

Bought my 93 wrx a couple of weeks ago and fuel guage never worked, I know i could take car back and might do yet but its a hassle as they want it for a couple of days to drop tank out!?
I have checked the obvious like fuse and loose connections behind speedo and hatch in boot, but does anybody have any more clues that I could check before I resign myself to taking it back?
Many thanks
Old 09 January 2008, 12:24 PM
evander
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For a start I wouldnt take it back there, if they are going to drop the tank then they havnt got a clue what they are doing, who would be paying for this, is it warranty or out of your pocket?

The whole fuel pump and sender assembly come out from under the little hatch with the connector on it in the boot, either try and get a spare sender to try or get the wiring diagram and try bridging the apropriate wires to see if the gauge works on the dash.

Does the car have a Walbro? if so then whoever fitted it may not have refitted it right and the needle isnt running on the track!
Old 09 January 2008, 08:17 PM
jlodge7624
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evander
For a start I wouldnt take it back there, if they are going to drop the tank then they havnt got a clue what they are doing, who would be paying for this, is it warranty or out of your pocket?

The whole fuel pump and sender assembly come out from under the little hatch with the connector on it in the boot, either try and get a spare sender to try or get the wiring diagram and try bridging the apropriate wires to see if the gauge works on the dash.

Does the car have a Walbro? if so then whoever fitted it may not have refitted it right and the needle isnt running on the track!
Thanks for reply,
At the moment the garage would pay but as you said I am not happy about this garage I honestly dont think they know what thay are doing.
I have downloaded a schematic but have to admit its not as simple as the normal haynes manuals stuff, also not sure if it has walbro but did notice toady that 2 bolts missing on back seat so little clue there maybe!