Notices

Scoobysport and MoT: reality check

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2002, 07:42 PM
David Blows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK,

I guess this has been done before, so apologies in advance. I have a Scoobysport downpipe and backbox (wonderful!) - with my first MoT due at the end of March.

Will it get through the emission (or any other relevant) tests? If not, any tricks of the trade anyone can suggest to avoid having to put the original back on and then swap 'em again afterwards? That's something I'm loathe to do.

All replies/suggestions welcome.

David Blows
Old 14 January 2002, 09:45 PM
gadge
Scooby Regular

centre cat still in
if so might pass

garry
Old 15 January 2002, 06:44 AM
rotdot
Scooby Regular

The only test the mot involves is a cat test so noise is not a worrie unless its extreme i.e. blowing. Depending how well u know ur garage you could ask them to run a cat test now so u know how u stand when it comes to the real thing,Just an idea.
Old 16 January 2002, 05:43 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mine passed with standard downpipe, magnex centre (with resonator) and Scoobysport BB! If you just have the centre cat left in the system you may need to take it for a thrash to warm the cat up before taking it to the test station. You should be alright!
Old 17 January 2002, 11:27 AM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

Wink

subaru's usually need the downpipe cat only to pass the mot, as the centre one doesnt do much. you will more than likely find that it will fail with just the centre cat.
normal trick for dodgy cats is to thrash the car down the road, then test them, a failed cat sometimes then passes!
dont think that'll work on yours though, as like said, centre doesnt do much, sorry!
thinks youll have to fit the oe downpipe/cat for mot, i have to do same with my mongoose full system!
best of luck.
ian
Old 17 January 2002, 05:29 PM
dmel
Scooby Regular

The centre cat on its own is enough to get you passed MoT. You just have to have it properly warmed up.

The only issues involved in having just the centre cat are that its life is significantly shortened, and that the car produces excessive exhaust gasses when cold.