Notices

Please help - fuse problem...

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2002, 09:49 PM
ric
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have a big problem with my MY98 Scoob.

A 15A fuse always blows, there must be a short-circuit in my system. The fuse is called "clock" and the Radio, the clock, the central locking etc. isn't working.

I already removed all lights in the interior aswell as the Radio. But still not better. Where could it be? What should I do? Does anybody know what I should check? Which things run with that fuse?

Thanks for any help, I am about to despair

ric from Switzerland

PS The fuse is in the engine bay, not under the steering wheel.
Old 16 January 2002, 02:17 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disconnect everything that is powered by this fuse, and then replace the fuse, does it still blow?

If it doesnt then plug things back in 1 by 1... until you find out which item is shorting it out.

If that doesnt resolve it then you may be at dashboard out / slicing wiring loom open time for the following.. connect a 12v bulb inline instead of the fuse (bulb should illuminate), then trace the cable, using a clamp meter + volt meter and find out where it is being shorted out... after the short there should be no reading from a clamp meter. nor should you get a +12v from a volt meter...

Most likely places to be suspect are where things have been mounted after the car was made.. Where the wiring loom passes through grommets, cables hanging loose...poor installation of car radio.

You may be able to find a wiring diagram on the following site:

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com

David

[Edited by David_Wallis - 1/16/2002 2:19:28 PM]