Notices

nightmare on central locking

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2007, 03:37 PM
craig19742000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nightmare on central locking

ok folks im new to this site as i have only owned a subaru impreza for 2 weeks it is a uk 98 with 308bhp
just to put this one to sleep most people talk about the central locking relay being in the passinger side footwell this is not true for a uk 98 model the relay is right of the steering wheel above the fuse box it has 2 10mm bolts holding it in that is the relay for this model but thats not my problem over the car will lock with key some times or even with alarm but when door is in the open position the clock on the dash goes out but if i close the door and push the internal lock the clock will come back on but it will be reset to 1.00 evey time and if i put the interior light on which wont work anymore and switch it to centre ie auto the doors try to lock or at least they sound like they r doin also this makes the clock on the dash go out and then if i put the light switch back again to off the clock comes back on and says 1.00 agaib weird or what please can someone help me as ive only had the car 2 weeks and its nothing but a nightmare i wint go into the key snapping off in the ignition barrel but i sorted that with a complete new lock set ok thanks for reading my long post but i sure would benefit from some good advice
Old 07 November 2007, 05:16 PM
craig19742000
Scooby Newbie

please someone out there must have had a simular problem all answers will be appreciated
Old 07 November 2007, 09:23 PM
craig19742000
Scooby Newbie

has no one ever had owt like this b4 please urgent help required i cant lock the cars drivers door as the alarm goes off cause the doors keep trying to lock even though they r locked
Old 07 November 2007, 09:58 PM
green un
Scooby Regular

unplug the door lock timer, then all the doors and boot you can lock manually. my door lock timer (pas footwell on mine) went **** up it kept locking the doors on its own and it kept clicking while driving, i opened it up and the circuit board had corroded. got a replacement now all working fine.
Old 07 November 2007, 11:23 PM
craig19742000
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the advice i have taken the door lock timer apart and it looks like new i have an alarm on the car which is clifford concept 650 it has a delay of about 30 secs then it arms itself,the interior light is playing up aswell i think i have a short somewhere which is making the relay keep clicking i can hear this in the passinger door and when it clicks the clock on the dash (digital) resets itself back to 1.00 so its as if there is no permanent live to the clock or when the door clicks its pinshing the live to the clock if i take out the door timer the interior light still dont work but im sure the clock stays on all the time all the fuses are good i checked em all today but ill give it another good look at tommorow
thanks again for the reply
Old 08 November 2007, 02:44 PM
craig19742000
Scooby Newbie

ok fokls the problem is sorted what i did was disconect the turbo timer which looked like it had been wired by an 8 year old boy it was terrable to say the least scotch locks block connectors what a mess any way i took it out and put all the wires back to standard form then started to trace em all out checked all fuses in car all was ok then lifted the bonnet and ckecked the fuses there 1 15amp was gone so i went to the shop and got 2 just incase so i put the 1 fuse it that was blown and tried it but same thing still happened so i thought i will check the rest off the fuses under bonnet i found another fuse that had blown another 15amp so i changed that and tried the central locking again and much to my amazment it all worked the clock again the interior light and the bloody central locking what a bonus ,so now i hope i can enjoy my car after 2 weeks of hell cheers for reading