Notices

advice on tuning v1 sti to get the best out of what iv all ready done

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2007, 06:51 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question advice on tuning v1 sti to get the best out of what iv all ready done

ok i have v1 sti i took it to a rolling road day and it only made 297bhp i was sure it was going to make more!! the rolling road guys said i had a coil pack going down so im going to save up for some new ones and also he said that its running to rich and that could be causeing it to be quite laggy(if some one could expail how for me) they said they can but it right for about £100 to tweek the mapping does this sound right? ever since i had it remaped it has been quite laggy and only seems to really pull in the hight rev range im guess the only way to get more power and it pulling lower down would be a bigger turbo but then what else would be involed in changing that

i did try to ring zen who have done some of my work but couldnt get ahold of them !!

mods are

standard td05 turbo
fmic
440cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
apex induction kit
3" decated exhaust
remap and apexi fc ecu
apexi avc r boost controller

all advice well come
Old 23 October 2007, 03:00 PM
classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Hello mate im running about the same spec as you and got 300.4 on rolling road also mapped by paul at zen, I have the 550 injectors but rest about the same how much more power was you wanting??? my coil packs have just been changed as paul said they were no good and they fell apart when i took them out but as yet not been back for a new remap let me now how you get on please.
Old 23 October 2007, 04:42 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

was hoping for 320ish may be i had just set my hopes to high would still like more power so i think il look in to a bigger turbo!!
Old 23 October 2007, 07:48 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

You dont need a bigger turbo if your only wanting 320bhp. The TD05 is more than upto the task.
You would be better off getting rid of the induction kit and putting a decent panel filter back on.
Dont forget that the original STi's were only 250-260bhp when they were standard anyway
Old 23 October 2007, 09:16 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

set of 550s and a z32 maf sensor should see more from it.. however do be wary of RR's who also tune, may be better to try an independant RR whom don't do tuning.. it is also very easy to focus on numbers on a dyno rather than how it drives..

Simon
Old 24 October 2007, 05:15 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae
You dont need a bigger turbo if your only wanting 320bhp. The TD05 is more than upto the task.
You would be better off getting rid of the induction kit and putting a decent panel filter back on.
Dont forget that the original STi's were only 250-260bhp when they were standard anyway

i thought they were 270 as standard? if the case is they are 250 standard all the time and money hasnt been wasted !! cant have a standard air box as i have fmic pipe running thu were the box is ment to go!!

the people who did the rr are based at silverstone the guy seems quite genuine bloke im waiting to get a hold of paul at zen to see what he says as he did the original mapping