Notices

Buying and Upgrading An 05 STI UK

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2007, 11:45 AM
kpkpkp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying and Upgrading An 05 STI UK

I am going to look at an 05 Sti UK this morning. It has 18K on the clock - what sould I look out for - I have had turbo cars before and at the moment I have a White E46 M3 that is just going.

AFAIK the car is totally standard - I will only have it for 4 to 5 months until my new toy turns up but I have always wanted a scooby and now seems like the perfect time of the year to enjoy it - cold air and slippery A roads.

So what do I need to look for to make sure my first scoob in hastle free.

One more question . . . .

If I had a cheeky £500 to spend on making it a bit quicker what can I do safely for a littler bit more boost!!

Many thanks

Kp
Old 21 October 2007, 12:27 PM
kpkpkp
Scooby Newbie

Anyone?
Old 21 October 2007, 08:39 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Well........it will cost you a bit more than a cheeky £500, but I'd say it NEEDS an Ecutek remap and a full decat (or exhaust with sports cat in the downpipe)

I's say it's about £700 for the remap (including roller time) and say £350 to £400 for an exhaust. I got a revolution one and it sounds nice without being too noisy (I already had the PPP cat though).

Expect around 320bhp or so.
Old 21 October 2007, 08:47 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

For £500, just go for the remap at £600-£700.

You'll be lucky to find a full decat for £400 unless your fitting it for the noise only.

05STi's are a good car, your bound to have knocking struts, checks them out at very low speeds over bumpy ground. If there completely shot like mine, they'll knock on smooth tarmac

Apart from that, just check the normal stuff, FSSH, accident damage, oil condition (and level)..........

You can tell alot from just looking at stuff that you would sort and the previous owner hasn't, for example, tyres that are worn on the edges, low oil level, no fuel in it, it all tells me the the seller has got no cash so the car wont have been looked after.

jmo, but I've never bought a dud