Notices

vf 28

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 06:55 PM
phobia
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vf 28

hi peeps not been on here but wot the hey here i am, i have just had a vf28 fitted to my 2000 wrx wagon and it blows blue smoke when around town,only a bit but it is annoying, mainly when i have stood at lights or roundabouts for a while, the guy who fitted it used my old pipework and banjos from my td04 and it smoke like billy, we have since changed the top banjo for the vf series one and it seems to be stopping, just an odd blip of smoke now and then. it pulls ok and doesnt lose boost, it doesnt smoke on boost either, seems wierd but it isnt using any oil either, all levels are fine even water

HELP
Old 24 August 2007, 09:39 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

The banjo bolt from the td04 has a larger hole in the centre therefore lets more oil in. Probably had too much oil going into the turbo after fitting. Thats why it smoked. After you changed them over, it'll just be the excess burning off. Should disappear in time.
It doesnt take much oil burning on the exhaust or turbo to create smoke, thats probably why you havent noticed much difference in oil level.
Old 24 August 2007, 09:45 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

Russ I think there are two banjo bolts one in the block and one in the pipe but I could be wrong

Damo
Old 24 August 2007, 09:48 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

see here

22B Bulletin Board: The definitive Turbo oil banjo bolt/restrictor thread

You gonna make it to my wedding Russ?

Damo