Notices

Funny smell!

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2007, 04:11 PM
ScoobyNess
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Funny smell!

Hiya! I was just wondering if you could help me please?! I have noticed that my clutch smells sometimes when I have been giving it a lot of stick! I just wondered if that is normal or not?! Also over the last few days when I press the clutch to the floor to select gears I can hear a funny noise. Just wondered if my clutch is on its way out?! Thanks xx
Old 17 August 2007, 06:40 PM
Untitled
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyNess

Hiya! I was just wondering if you could help me please?! I have noticed that my clutch smells sometimes when I have been giving it a lot of stick! I just wondered if that is normal or not?! Also over the last few days when I press the clutch to the floor to select gears I can hear a funny noise. Just wondered if my clutch is on its way out?! Thanks xx

Not sure about the noise but I get bit of a mild burn smell every now and then if i drive it hard, normal i think, as i've had it in other cars to.

As for the clutch on the way out, you can normally tell as the biting point will get higher, that is you have to let the clutch out more before reaching the biting point. Normally a sign of the clutch is going.