Notices

TRANSMITION?? Please no....

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2007, 06:51 PM
ACS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRANSMITION?? Please no....

Hello all, I've read the site for a long time to get info, but have never needed to post before. I have a '95 Legacy AWD, automatic. 88,000 miles, runs like a new car. Yesterday out of the blue while running errands, I noticed it was lagging pulling out of red lights and stop signs. Revving high, but not kicking into the next gear quickly. Also even though I was stepping on the gas, it wouldn't increase speed and revved higher. Fearing the worst, I stppped at a local garage that was close by an parked it. The car smelled HOT. No smoke, but definitely something wrong. The mechanic called to say he drove it, there's certainly something wrong, but he can't say what without having their Subaru guy looking at it on Monday. The fluids are fine, no lights on on the dash. This car is babied within an inch of it's life..can this be the dreaded T word?? He said his first thought was something in the catalytic converter, he thought the exhaust was too hot after running it a short way. Please if anyone can give me their thoughts or ideas on what else this could be, I'd be so grateful. I'm a single mom with a special needs little girl, and a new tranny would be finacially impossible for us, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

AC
acsorenson@verizon.net