Which boost gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2007, 07:44 PM
Scoobyfirsttime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which boost gauge?

Hi,

Want to get a boost gauge but unsure which brands to look at (or steer clear of).

There is an EQUUS one for sale on flea bay for £16 notes or I could pay £70 at Scoobyworld.......surely there can't be that much difference??

D
Old 24 July 2007, 07:53 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends what you want really. Functionality or looks.
If the first one, then a 16 quid one will give you a boost reading. If you want both, I'd go for a DEFI. They are alot of money, 120+.
When I first joined I wondered what all the fuss was about with them. Now I know. The white ones match the classic dash very good. White face, green illumination with an orange needle. But they also use a stepper motor system. The needle is set in stages, like the hands of a clock. So that makes the reading more accurate. They also have peak warnings, and you can actualy record the data with the controller.
I'm going on a bit, probably because I'm trying to convince myself its a good idea to buy one
Old 24 July 2007, 08:10 PM
Scoobyfirsttime
Scooby Regular

Good answer mate !!

I think for now I will probably go with functionality on the basis that my first wedding anniversary is coming up........promised her a ring, silly I know but hey that's marriage for you, does things to your head !!

As long as it works thats the main thing.

Later in the year I will be looking to get an oil temp and an oil pressure gauge as well, so an excuse to visit Scoobyworld and get the three gauge pod as well, actually thinking about it the ring she wants is £300 notes and so is the cost of the three gauges I want plus pod from Scoobyworld.........hmmm
Old 24 July 2007, 08:56 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start off with a good quality basic mechanical boost gauge. I've always found Autometer to be the best by far, at a good price too. I'm currently using a set of three cheapo 'Prosport' gauges but they are steppers with memory, warning and peak functions so can't complain at under £100 on a recent group buy. Defis are very expensive for what they are, but then, they do work well and look good.
Old 24 July 2007, 09:03 PM
Scoobyfirsttime
Scooby Regular

I think the ones at Scoobyworld are autometer. They sell at £69.99. Is that what I should be paying?