Notices

oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2007, 06:02 PM
holdup
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak

had an oil leak coming from the cambelt cover . API fixed the problem by replacing the cam seals ,crank seal new sprocket and rocker cover gaskets . also a cam belt change and tensioner at the same time as it was needed . total £600 hurt a bit . only driven the car a few times since even though it was done last month but the oil leak is back in exactly the same place this time its pissin out, straight out the bottom of the cambelt cover . spoke to API and its back next weekend so they can have a look . i was told there isnt anything else to replace when i had the original job done which leads me to believe that something has worked its way loose or the job wasnt done properly . is this true or is there something else that hasnt been replaced and could be the new problem . just interested to see if anyone has an opinon on this . cheers
Old 19 July 2007, 06:03 PM
holdup
Scooby Regular

its a 95 ra by the way
Old 19 July 2007, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Rides Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Hi

I recently repaired a customers legacy 2.5 with an oil leak from the cam covers. They say there's nothig else to leak!! --ob heads! Ask them were the oil pump is located?

The legacy's oil pump was leaking, situated behind the main crank pulley in the cam covers! Not a major job, shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours, a small amount of silicon gasket, and a new belt at there cost!

You may want to consider a new oil high pressure oil pump, approx £120.00 but i'd be looking for a refund on the first job, its bloody obvious the pumps there to them!

Bought a second hand car that had its engine & gearbox rebuilt just before sale by API! dont ask! Plus after a total strip down, parts that had been charged for hadn't been fitted, oil levels wrong in gearbox by 1.5L, bolts missing. Then they'd charged the guy to replace nearly every sensor on the car to sort a surging problem. They had damaged the turbo pipe under the manifolds when tighening a clip. No sensors required.

Make them fix it then take it else were is my advise m8!

Take a look at my site for future parts.
Advertising link removed.
If you wish to advertise please contact the Webmaster.
Thanks

kev

Last edited by Dyney; 20 July 2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 19 July 2007, 10:57 PM
holdup
Scooby Regular

ok cheers for info matey , il add a post to this next weekend when ive seen them and we will see what the out come is .
Old 22 July 2007, 09:28 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultimate Rides Ltd
Hi

I recently repaired a customers legacy 2.5 with an oil leak from the cam covers. They say there's nothig else to leak!! --ob heads! Ask them were the oil pump is located?

The legacy's oil pump was leaking, situated behind the main crank pulley in the cam covers! Not a major job, shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours, a small amount of silicon gasket, and a new belt at there cost!

You may want to consider a new oil high pressure oil pump, approx £120.00 but i'd be looking for a refund on the first job, its bloody obvious the pumps there to them!

Bought a second hand car that had its engine & gearbox rebuilt just before sale by API! dont ask! Plus after a total strip down, parts that had been charged for hadn't been fitted, oil levels wrong in gearbox by 1.5L, bolts missing. Then they'd charged the guy to replace nearly every sensor on the car to sort a surging problem. They had damaged the turbo pipe under the manifolds when tighening a clip. No sensors required.

Make them fix it then take it else were is my advise m8!

Take a look at my site for future parts.
Advertising link removed.
If you wish to advertise please contact the Webmaster.
Thanks

kev
It would be helpful if I knew more about these allegations. What is being described is most definitely not APi style as many on here will attest to.

Give something to respond to and I will reply.

David APi
Old 23 July 2007, 04:38 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on Kev, quick enough to slag. but not interested in giving me something to reply to ??

David APi