Notices

Best Exhaust for my 93 Wrx Import ?

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2007, 05:39 PM
Scott.N
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for my 93 Wrx Import ?

Hi was wondering what yous guys / girls would recomend the best exhaust for my wrx ? it has a 3" straight through system ( Bodged together ) from the first cat / down pipe back , but the cat is buggered and blowing from there , so ideally would be looking at an up pipe and full system , what have yous got and which would yous recomend ? and wheres the best place to purchase it aswell Cheers

Scott.
Old 19 July 2007, 06:15 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a tsl group n backbox and centre pipe on my exhaust and im more than happy with it, at first i was like hmm but now it's settled in the flat four burble has really come into it's own, and fitment was spot on

TSL MOTORSPORT | Subaru Mitsubishi Classics | performance tuning | parts | repair | servicing | UK

YouTube - Subaru TSL Group N Exhaust
Old 19 July 2007, 08:48 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a 93wrx you can get rid of the downpipe and put in a decat in (you only have 1 cat on your car).That will make whatever exhaust you get louder.

Then you have a huge choice HKS,Blitz ,Apexi ,Magnex,Revolution,Hayward and Scott,Ninja and as mentioned the TSL system.

I went for the Revolution system (only 2.5") as it's fairly quiet inside but does (as with most aftermarket exhausts) stills give the distintive noise outside and was reasonably priced.
My mate has a Hks Super Drager and it's pretty fecking loud even when ticking over.
Old 19 July 2007, 10:27 PM
Scott.N
Scooby Newbie

cheers guys for the info , seems as though my current exhaust is blowing at the down pipe ( where the cat is ) so could be the turbo to down pipe gasket ? as the previous owner made up his own exhaust and tbh its a right mess , so want to get the down pipe and a decent system for it get it as it should be
Old 19 July 2007, 10:39 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Just had a look at your scooby (black is the fastest colour ) but your Ik is in a ****ty position mate imo.
this is where my Apexi Ik fits (old picture though)

Old 20 July 2007, 12:15 AM
Scott.N
Scooby Newbie

Yeah m8 your right it is , need to look into seeing if i can move the pipe work so it sits like yours also the boost pipe from the turbo to intercooler on mine where the dv is located is ****ed , leaking boost only managing 0.5 bar and if it does run 0.9 can be stuttery as hell , so was think of taking that boost pipe off and cutting out where the dv is connected and putting some piping for the time being and doing away withe the dv for the moment should that be ok you reckon until i get a front mount kit ? ?
Old 20 July 2007, 12:22 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

May be better to replace the pipework i always err on the side of caution (although i gather the td05 can run without a dv)

Trending Topics

Old 20 July 2007, 01:32 PM
Scott.N
Scooby Newbie

Yeah it it just a temp measure until i get a front mount intercooler then i do believe that pipe work will be replaced with the kit ??
Old 20 July 2007, 08:51 PM
scooby lude
Scooby Regular

vortex after burner on mine loud and very pleased ,full decat.
Old 20 July 2007, 09:44 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

I had a Hayward and Scott full decat system on my bug eye and I now have one for my 1995 JDM WRX which I will be getting fitted soon. My mate also has a Hayward and Scott full decat system on his 1995 WRX and it sounds really good. They full system is not cheap but well worth the money.

IMO its the best on the market by far!!
Old 20 July 2007, 09:48 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

And i am also thinking of an Apexi Ik, is yours the dry filter one without oil and have you ever had any problems with the MAF breaking?

My mate had a K&N which was oiled and the MAF went and I have been told that its because of the oil?
Old 20 July 2007, 09:54 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Apexi is dry, replaced the maf as i had an idling problem but turned out not to be maf related ( which was irritating)