Dump Valve and Induction kits

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2007, 01:10 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dump Valve and Induction kits

Hey,

Just wondering what dump valves and induction kits would people recommend for a 1994 Import Impreza Turbo????????

Many Thanks,

Marcus.
Old 12 July 2007, 01:17 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your standard recirc valve and a good panel filter will be fine although on my 93wrx i've got an Apexi IK (just putting the finishing touches to a heat shelid for it though).
Old 12 July 2007, 01:32 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for that. Whats the Apexi IK like then??????

I think a FMIC would also be a good addition.
Old 12 July 2007, 01:39 PM
J_sca001
Scooby Regular

Mods are relatively cheap, you want to save for an ECU re-map first or you will be paying out for a new engine if you put an FMIC and induction kit on it with no re-map!!

I know i've been there
Old 12 July 2007, 01:41 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

The Apexi Ik is very good imo there were some tests done on various kits sometime ago and the Apexi came out top (cost ,flowrate etc).

If you are going for a fmic you need to change to an IK anyway (as ar as i know)
Old 12 July 2007, 01:50 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

batfink, I think you need to be clear what you want to achieve....

The stock dump valve is good, if you want a noisy vent to atmosphere, then it will screw things up due to the metered air it dumps out leading to rich running.

An induction kit isn't neceseary until your well past 300bhp, and at stock will loose you power, even if it looks/sounds sweet.

So do you want to go faster, or sound/look mean?

If you want to go faster, focus on safe (and not very big) boost increases, and a good exhaust for now.

Simon
Old 12 July 2007, 01:50 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

Thanks alot for that guys.

Will probably get the Apexi IK and then save for a remap.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:00 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

A decat may be a better start (the emissions test on early cars like yours and mine is extremely lenient) and may be of more use to start with and as 'the rookie' said a good exhaust is probably a better way to go.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:15 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

Well to be honest as its gonna be my first Impreza and also the most powerful car I have owner (By miles) I would prefer sound and look mean but still want it safe so that it doesnt go bang.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:25 PM
joe79er
Scooby Regular

i want to do some minor mods to my98 uk turbo like dump valve, induction kit, would be a good idea to get it remaped or can i leave it like this for a while before getting a remap.
i need some help please.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:27 PM
fireblade37
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hijack, but whats the big black rubber pipe called that your dump valve connects to and connects to the ally from the maf sensor. Need a new one. Cheers
Old 12 July 2007, 02:49 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by batfink1
Well to be honest as its gonna be my first Impreza and also the most powerful car I have owner (By miles) I would prefer sound and look mean but still want it safe so that it doesnt go bang.
A decat and fruity exhaust is perfectly safe imo ,i've run mine for sometime like that and it's fine.
As long as you don't think you can whack up the boost without taking fuelling into consideration (which i'm sure you don't) then the car will be fine,after all, any mod you want done to your car will most probably have been done before and is more than likely to have been posted on here.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:51 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fireblade37
Sorry to hijack, but whats the big black rubber pipe called that your dump valve connects to and connects to the ally from the maf sensor. Need a new one. Cheers
Have no idea sorry, but look for Subaru breakers as i expect there aplenty about.
Old 12 July 2007, 02:55 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joe79er
i want to do some minor mods to my98 uk turbo like dump valve, induction kit, would be a good idea to get it remaped or can i leave it like this for a while before getting a remap.
i need some help please.
I wouldn't bother with the dump valve or IK unless you want 300+ (if you do want an IK make a heatsheild for it).
I think you'd have to replace the ecu in your year car as ecutek starts at 1999 models and the new live mapping boards from PolarPerformance and JollyGreenMonster.co.uk don't cover your car but imo if you mod the car get the remap done at the same time as the mods get fitted.
Old 12 July 2007, 03:00 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

How difficult would it be to get 300bhp from this year car?? I presume it would take alot more than IK, Dump Valve, Full System and a remap. I presume I would have to get an uprated fuel pump, plugs and leads as well???????????????????
Old 12 July 2007, 03:09 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Check the links that i posted and you'll find it's not too hard to extract that sort of power (but you have to think about clutch and gearbox as well)

Full system exhaust, good panel filter or induction kit with heatsheild,forget about the dump valve and a remappable ecu or the Polar Performance option 3 (i think),fuel pump and fpr as you may wan to replace them as they will be old (uprated fuel pumps are fairly cheap),bigger injectors as well possibly.
- Flat4online.co.uk Subaru Impreza Mitsubishi Evolution EVO Walbro Fuel Pumps Injectors Intercoolers shows you lots of goodies
Old 12 July 2007, 03:31 PM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

What exhaust would you recommend?????? The louder the better...

There is alot to consider. Why not a dump valve or BOV????????????????
Old 12 July 2007, 03:47 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

dump valve/bov same thing

I had 1 on my 93wrx (already fitted when i bought it) and to start with it was fine but over a time it started causing the car to stall after hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd,fuelling was going all over the place,caused the car to 'hunt' on start up so i'm now an advocate of not having a dump valve but with the Apexi on the recirc valve is almost as nosiey and it's money you can spend on something that actuall y makes your car faster.

Loudest exhausts, imo, is the Blitz Nur Spec R (+decat) or HKS Super Dragger these will cause your neighbours to love you or hate you

Brakes and suspension mods should be given some thought as well (i've upgraded front calipers (late model 4 pots) and change the rear droplinks.
Old 13 July 2007, 07:56 AM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

Think I will stay away from dump valves then......

Well my neighbours will hate me which is my aim............

Well the car im looking at had Cusco fully adjustable coilovers so will only have to uprate the brakes to start with.

Thanks for the advice.......

Marcus.
Old 13 July 2007, 09:40 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

no problem
Old 13 July 2007, 10:25 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I have just fitted a Blitz Power filter and forge dump valve on MY93 and must say it still pull like a train,infact the power seems to alot smoother and turbo seems to be kicking in quicker through gear change,running 1.1bar but must say in low gears full boost not achived till about 5000RPM,and as my car needs daugtherboard to remap i have ordered a manual boost contoller with hopes of gettin a little extra boost?