Notices

bonnet vent modifications.

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2007, 10:36 PM
ginger321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bonnet vent modifications.

Ive read the pros and cons of removing the backing plates from both of the vents on underside of the bonnet of a classic scooby but has anyone tried removing the foam seal from the edges and fitting spacers under the 3 mounting screws so there is a gap to let heat out but u still have the benefit of the backing plates stopping water flooding in?
Ive used several washers and theres a gap of about a quarter inch between the bonnet and the backing plate on the offside vent. Ive not done the nearside one as its above the fusebox etc.
waste of time? adverse affect on circulation of hot air under bonnet? or is this alot of hot air lol discuss.........
Old 11 July 2007, 11:33 PM
the_msp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took mine both out, certainly can see no adverse affect due to water entering... for that matter the water doesn't seem to get in much (upon lifting bonnet after rain, no water on battery etc..)

Reckon it will help with heat escaping when not moving, i.e lights, but have no temps to prove...
Old 12 July 2007, 08:39 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well,even with my vent covers on i still get loads o water into engine bay,behind drivers light theres loads,my battery tray fills up with water,sure your not checking after driving it ?

i had my car stood over the bad rain few weeks back,put towels in, i know sad, but they were soaked and needed changing each time the rain stopped !!

without them,god knows what it would of been like