Notices

Boost problem

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2007, 08:14 PM
Andy_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problem

I'll explain the problem a little, the turbo is boosting @ 0.5bar, which i was informed could be down to the fact that when some small 2mm vacuum hoses split away from a t-piece that were linked to the actuator inlet, boost regulator and compressor outlet.

I replaced them and have since found out that the pipe coming from the compressor outlet have a restrictor built into them ( a small ball bearing apparently)

I tried a couple of the bigger breakers (Grade A and a few local ones) but i need the hose off a 97 scoob as they all have different size restrictors
So after to speaking to a couple of people last night they said i could get away with fitting a bleed valve and eliminate the t-piece and not hve to get this pipe.

I fitted the bleed valve this afternoon and still no luck, now the bleed valve is a 3 way but i was told to leave the boost regulator pipe off as i didnt require this.

I have tried resetting the ecu as well in case it had become accustomed to running 0.5bar however it still doesnt seem to be running any better, it seems to be a little more responsive but its not hitting nowhere near the boost it used to
Old 01 July 2007, 09:09 PM
scoobystiv8
Scooby Regular

What you need is the small brass restrictor which has a small hole in to control flow. Its as cheap to buy from a dealers they are only a couple of £
Old 01 July 2007, 09:30 PM
Andy_Cat
Scooby Regular

so by putting the bleed valve on wasnt really worth doing then?? Also would the main dealer supply the restrictor inside the hose??
Old 01 July 2007, 10:03 PM
scoobystiv8
Scooby Regular

Take the bleed valve off as it just causes problems, the restricter should cure the problem.