JDM STI coming...

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2007, 10:19 PM
JDMSTI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM STI coming...

First of all hi people!

After a couple of years of Vtec motoring I have sold up and look like I am away to purchase a Impreza Sti

I was initially looking at P1's but a 2002 JDM Sti came up locally and I went for a look today. Was very impressed with the car, went out for a long test drive on some prime N.E Scotland roads and it performed brilliantly. Felt really strong esp when kept above 4k

The car has done 46,000 miles is WR Blue has fully adjustable HKS suspension(seems pretty stiff anyone else use these?) and a Greddy Dump valve(quite quiet is this normal?). It also has 17" Racing Hart CP 035's (Believe these are good anyone know?).

A couple of questions (sorry if they have been done to death)

Will the car run on super unleaded? Or will it need an octane booster in every tank? Or does the car need to be mapped for uk super?

The car has had an oil service 2000 km's ago, but I presume it must be due a major sevice(belts etc) soon, it has done 46000 Miles.

Hopefully some of you guys can help

Thanks in advance,

David
Old 29 June 2007, 09:06 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

You will need to check it's service history to tell what it needs. You should get it remapped for the fuel but you should gain some more power as a side effect.
Old 29 June 2007, 12:18 PM
JDMSTI
Scooby Newbie

Cheers,

AFAIK the car has no Jap history other than a sticker on the inside of the drivers door saying oil service 2000km's ago.

I think to be on the safe side I will get all the belts done etc when I get the car.

Just got an email for Andy F, he states that the car will be fine on UK Super as long as the exhaust is standard. The car only has a greddy BOV so I presume this will be fine?

Having done a fair bit of reading I presume Andy knows what he is talking about, his work certainly gets very good reviews!

I think for the moment it looks like it will be run on UK Super, anyone ran one of these on Super unmapped?

Help appreciated

Thanks