Notices

02 STI PPP Remap - Fueling questions..

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 02:24 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 STI PPP Remap - Fueling questions..

If I was to get my STI PPP remapped, would having an uprated fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump be worthwhile? (under the impression that the PPP for 02 didn't come with uprated fuel pump?).

Knowledgeable answers welcome - as well as any other minor alterations that might be worth considering in order for the mapper to get the most out of the car.
Old 29 May 2007, 02:31 PM
Alexppp
Scooby Regular

When I had my ppp STI remapped (339bhp) they said that I should get a new fuel pump as they weren't sure if the ppp2005's came with an uprated one. If i'm not mistaken 330bhp+ is worth upratting your fuel Pump. If I'm mistaken Flame Suit on!

Alexppp
Old 29 May 2007, 03:24 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

I know Powerstation left my original pump in when it was mapped to 340bhp but others told me it should have been changed.

I put one in prior to bob mapping the car again to 370/370.
Old 29 May 2007, 04:47 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After some engines went pop, prodrive included an uprated pump as part of the package.
You will definately need an uprated pump if yours hasn't already got one. A better flowing panel filter is also recommended as would be a set of "7" grade plugs
JohnD
Old 29 May 2007, 05:21 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prasius
If I was to get my STI PPP remapped, would having an uprated fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump be worthwhile? (under the impression that the PPP for 02 didn't come with uprated fuel pump?).

Knowledgeable answers welcome - as well as any other minor alterations that might be worth considering in order for the mapper to get the most out of the car.
Prasius - have a word with the mapper of your choice and ask their opinions - they will know what they are talking about and wont generally advise or sell you stuff that wont be needed.

Any idea on who you will get to map it?

On a side point but remapping a ppp ecu may not get you much more unless you have changed other elements of your car so could be a waste of money.
Old 29 May 2007, 05:41 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Well the thinking is that with an EcuTek remap most of the cost initially is the licence, so once thats paid for and out of the way future sessions will be far less.

As for the potential increase I might see, I'm aware the increase that I'll see is going to be less than on an "vanilla" STI, but the conversation I had on here with Mike Wood about if/how conservative Prodrive were made to be with the PPP map made me think the potential increase might be worth it.

Also, I'm aware the PPP is an "off-the-shelf" mapping solution.

The fuel pump/regulator thing is more paranoia in my mind - I'd rather make the possibility of the engine running lean as tiny as possible
Old 29 May 2007, 08:28 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Well the thinking is that with an EcuTek remap most of the cost initially is the licence, so once thats paid for and out of the way future sessions will be far less.

As for the potential increase I might see, I'm aware the increase that I'll see is going to be less than on an "vanilla" STI, but the conversation I had on here with Mike Wood about if/how conservative Prodrive were made to be with the PPP map made me think the potential increase might be worth it.

Also, I'm aware the PPP is an "off-the-shelf" mapping solution.

The fuel pump/regulator thing is more paranoia in my mind - I'd rather make the possibility of the engine running lean as tiny as possible
small price to pay for piece of mind then