Notices

need help asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2007, 09:16 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap!!!

hi to all, going away in a few days really need to get this right!
terzo 1998 slight hessitency when light throttle, and hunting when warm. replaced oil then changed plugs gapped at 0.7 and cleaned mak (carefully) with cotton bud and break cleaner. started car up and on warm up there was a fair amount of hunting which i had not noticed before and the hunting when warm no better. the idle also drops a bit when depressing clutch for a split second then recovers. outcome seams to be that its slightly worse not better after lots of time bent over the bonnet and a few quid worse off as well. the plugs i am sure are ok regarding the gap especially as the ones i took out had slightly larger gap due to ware i suppose? so why is the cold idle worse? the only other thing was cleaning the maf which i wouldn't have thought could have done this. but having said all this the fault of which i am trying to solve is still there dont thik its 02 sensor because its just as bad if not worse when cold and 02 only gets to work once warm. maf unpluged causes engine to stall so is this proof maf is ok. no cracks in coil pack or anything unusual there! any help would be most helpfull as its quite amazing how such small problems can cause you to have such a different attitude towards your pride and joy. no tuners or good techs in jersey so dont have anywhere to go please please help i can use a spanner
Old 10 May 2007, 09:51 AM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

no one then???
Old 10 May 2007, 07:39 PM
wrxpablos
Scooby Regular

What kind of plug you using? Ive heard of problems with irriduim plugs when they have been re-gapped. Did you inadvertently do the coilpacks up to tight and cracked them maybe?
Old 11 May 2007, 11:56 AM
RB5#052
Scooby Regular

Im sure that if the maf is unplugged while engine running and the car stalls its the maf. The engine should carry on running if maf unplugged that says maf is ok.
Old 11 May 2007, 02:11 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

i thought maf unplugged engine stalls is normal also didnt tough coil pack and have checked for cracks anyway just to be safe. took car out today and the cold idle and the warm idle is better than i thought maybe it was just after ecu reset which caused the initial poor running. saying that the cars idle still drops before recovering when dipping clutch etc. my guess is maf,iscv or 02 maf being the most likely but also most expensive especially if it turn out not to be the cause so still hopeing for a spare to come up so i can at least test. any offers