Notices

piggy back chips, good/bad????

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2007, 07:59 PM
esxboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piggy back chips, good/bad????

hi fellas can anyone tell me whats the deal with all these piggy back type ecu chips i c on ebay for scoobys ,promising 20-45 bhp by tricking the ecu!!because i have a 95 wrx an have a spare £1000 i wanna blow on making it faster only mods are k&n so far.i wanna go for full stainless an downpipe but i read that to change zorst u must upgrade the ecu.i would idealy like to raise the boost as mine is runnin 0.8 bar at mo.im thinking tdo5,fmc,full stainless ,is just in my range but then because my scooby is pre 96 the remapping is a bit more complicated on my ecu,as i believe i would need to upgrade my chip to be remapped or bye a mapped chip either way is expensive are these chips a load of ****e or could it be of any use with these mods
Old 08 May 2007, 10:21 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

get hold of scott t on here , he supplies and maps the chip to your needs , or you can also get one from esl . both are very good and scott done my chip/remap a couple of months ago and its top , well worth the money !
Old 08 May 2007, 10:59 PM
imprezered
Scooby Regular

How much does Scott T charge? I've got a half fitted FMIC and the only reason I hadn't finished it was 'cos after reading some of the threads about FMIC I realised it needed a remap!!
Old 08 May 2007, 11:02 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Ckeck out his website bud. polarperformance.co.uk
Old 09 May 2007, 09:02 AM
Scott.T@PolarPerformance
Scooby Regular

Info is available on my website PolarPerformance

But just to set the record straight, 'MY' chips do not 'Trick' the ECU.... it is a complete remap and reflash of the Subaru running code and the performance maps. The ECU uses the new chip in the spare socket rather then it's own code resident on the board. Every standard ECU function/feature is retained.

Full custom mapping is also available, details can be found on the above mentioned site.
Old 09 May 2007, 08:07 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scott.T@PolarPerformance
Info is available on my website PolarPerformance

But just to set the record straight, 'MY' chips do not 'Trick' the ECU.... it is a complete remap and reflash of the Subaru running code and the performance maps. The ECU uses the new chip in the spare socket rather then it's own code resident on the board. Every standard ECU function/feature is retained.

Full custom mapping is also available, details can be found on the above mentioned site.
hi Scott,
i own a my1997 sti sports wagon v-limited and i'd like to know if you do chips for my ecu, it's an 6S?
thanks
Daniel
Old 09 May 2007, 09:22 PM
Scott.T@PolarPerformance
Scooby Regular

Daniel,

Sorry chips/adaptor boards are not easily available for the 97/98 ECU. Your cheapest option would be to fit a new ECU from Apexi. Other options are the likes of GEMS, MOTEC etc...etc... but these are v.expensive.