Notices

Can i fit a Dawes device to my 2002 wrx??

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2007, 07:18 PM
daygo30
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i fit a Dawes device to my 2002 wrx??

I would like to buy a Dawes device to up my boost a little and wondered if it is safe to do so and will the car still run well with it fitted.

I have a 2002 WRX, standard apart from a H&S backbox and boost gauge.

Any advice appreciated
Old 30 April 2007, 07:37 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

hi mate , their is loads of threads on this information your after and it's pretty much 50/50.
If you get a proper dawes device and not one of the boost/bleed valves that most people seem to sell on certain auction sites then as long as you dont run the boost al the way upto your fuel cut you should be ok.
Old 30 April 2007, 08:14 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by daygo30
I would like to buy a Dawes device to up my boost a little and wondered if it is safe to do so and will the car still run well with it fitted.

I have a 2002 WRX, standard apart from a H&S backbox and boost gauge.

Any advice appreciated
A Dawes device will only let you increase the boost, however, boost is just one parameter; there is also ignition and fueling that needs to be adjusted to suit. This can only be acheived via a remap. I wouldn't recommend it. If you do go down that rote, at least get the car looked at by someone with DET cans and a wideband AFR meter to make sure it's not running dangerously lean! If that were to happen, it's a 2.5k bill for a rebuild.

ns04
Old 30 April 2007, 09:36 PM
daygo30
Scooby Regular

Default dawes

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
A Dawes device will only let you increase the boost, however, boost is just one parameter; there is also ignition and fueling that needs to be adjusted to suit. This can only be acheived via a remap. I wouldn't recommend it. If you do go down that rote, at least get the car looked at by someone with DET cans and a wideband AFR meter to make sure it's not running dangerously lean! If that were to happen, it's a 2.5k bill for a rebuild.

ns04
Thanks for the comments, i think i will wait until i get the full exhaust and remap done, better to be safe than sorry, going for a 60k service at Zen in a month or so and will ask them the best way to go round it.

Thanks again
Old 01 May 2007, 10:43 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Going by experience in MY99 you can raise the boost to a certain known point without causing problem. It gives good gains too.

Might be worth finding out what you can take the boost upto without needing to worry (was around 1.1bar poss 1.2bar on MY99).