PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 07:32 PM
cxnick
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

HI EVERYONE.
I HAVE A 95 STI, WHICH I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME MODS TO IE HEADERS, BOTH DE-CATS, FMIC, MINES ECU,ETC. I HAVE ALSO JUST FINISHED DOING A PARALLEL FUEL CONVERSION READ ABOUT IT FOR AGES FITTED A ADJUSTABLE FUEL REG AND UPRATED FUEL PUMP AND 44O INJECTORS.
COME TO THE START UP AND IT RAN FOR A COUPLE SEC'S THEN TURN IT OF TO FILL THE WATER ETC. WENT TO START AGAIN TURNED OVER FOR WHILE WOULDNT START THEN IT STOPPED AS THOUGH IT HAD SIEZED, COULD WORK OUT WHAT WAS WRONG FOR A WHILE THEN I TRIED AGAIN AND IT THROUGH ABOUT 1 LITRE OF FUEL OUT OF THE EXHAUST, IT HAD HYDRAULICED WITH FUEL. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP AND ADVISE ME WHY IT HAS DONE THIS. PLEASE PLEASE.
Old 26 April 2007, 11:15 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have nipped / misfitted the oring(s) for the injectors.. the fuel is leaking into the bores..

You need to remove the plugs (get coil packs disconnected) and spin it over to etablish, with injector plugs off, which injector(s) is leaking and replace the oring on them...

Are they phase 2 440s with adaptors or phase 1 440s?

Once you have sorted the leak and assuming you haven't bent a rod, you need to change the oil as the petrol will have leaked into the oil and diluted it.

All that aside.. the Mines ecu is very agreesive map and I would recommend removing the chip.. also why are you fitting the 440s and all these mods and running a 380cc injector map etc..

Simon
Old 27 April 2007, 01:17 PM
cxnick
Scooby Newbie

OK WILL TRY THE INJECTORS FOR A LEAK.
THEY ARE PHASE 2 INJECTORS WITH ADAPTERS.
WOULD IT REALLY BEND A ROD??????
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.
Old 27 April 2007, 01:47 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Also a quick way to check the injectors are leaking is monitoring the fuel pressure gauge whilst turning the ignition on and off a few times (NOT turning starter motor) It should hold pressure. If it bleeds away over a short time then its the injectors. LIKE JGM says, if so then turn the engine with the plugs out to get rid of the fuel - otherwise its a 1 in 4 chance the flooded cylinder is on the compression stroke...

Last edited by Jay m A; 27 April 2007 at 01:49 PM.