Notices

Performance Creation Mudflaps - not really 'technical' lol!

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 02:49 AM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Creation Mudflaps - not really 'technical' lol!

As the title suggests, not a particularly 'technical' queston here.

I just fitted performance creation flaps, which I'm really happy with. That said, I've never had mudflaps on a car like this before so I'm not sure how they're supposed to 'hang'.

The back ones, especially, seem to be a little curved on the inside, where they follow the contour of the car..

Is that kinda normal? Or are they supposed to hang 100% flat/straight from the car? I just want to know if I've buggered up somewhere with fitting them (I followed the instructions!).

Cheers in advance.
Old 04 April 2007, 06:33 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Probein
As the title suggests, not a particularly 'technical' queston here.

I just fitted performance creation flaps, which I'm really happy with. That said, I've never had mudflaps on a car like this before so I'm not sure how they're supposed to 'hang'.

The back ones, especially, seem to be a little curved on the inside, where they follow the contour of the car..

Is that kinda normal? Or are they supposed to hang 100% flat/straight from the car? I just want to know if I've buggered up somewhere with fitting them (I followed the instructions!).

Cheers in advance.
this is my gripe with these flaps too mate, the material isn't stiff enough to keep a flat shape nothing you've done wrong i would guess.

mine, aswell as bending to the shape of the arch, have started to curve across their width.

get what you pay for, but so far no stone chips down the side of the car so i guess they are doing their job
Old 04 April 2007, 07:50 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I bought the cheap ones off ebay and found them.....cheap, bad fit, curved around the arch, started to fade etc. I binned them and bought the Scoobyworld ones off ebay that come with stainless brackets and proper clips etc, well worth the few quid extra I paid. Just need to fit them now
Old 04 April 2007, 12:59 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Ah cheers guys.. I thought that may be the reason. I'll keep them for the time being, until I can afford some prodrive flaps! Hehe.

Thanks again.