Got a Code 12 showing

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 08:23 PM
Douglarse
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Code 12 showing

Hi,

Having major trouble getting my 97 to start. I have a fuel pump cut out switch, which i have to turn on to prime the engine, then off and turn the engine over, and you then hear the engine about to fire, and then press the full pump switch on again, which normally get the engine to start. Sometimes i have to do this 3 or 4 times.

I been and had i diagnostic done, and every thing is sweet. Fuel imissions are spot on. Although the car does seem sluggish at low end revs, and the pick up is dull, untill boost.

The only problem that has shown up is a code 12, which is ignition switch, can anyone please tell me what this code refers to, and whether this would be the cause of the starting issuse.

I Have replaced the maf sensor, plugs, leads, air filter, and the coil pack is working as it should.

My car was taken out by a BMW a few months back, which i rebuilt the front end, door wing , springs. When the car went off to the inssrunce pound,to be valued the car used to start in a second, this problem has only been since they returned it. They guys there told me to let it go and be written off, and when it was delivered back the driver told me, they wanted to buy it themselves to repair. I think foul play is to blame.

Any help with this please, or just let me know what the code 12 is meaning.

Many thanks

Doug