Notices

OH GOD!!!...............

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2007, 12:30 PM
scoob93
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH GOD!!!...............

right had the da cat system fitted now but when i got home there was lots of steam coming from the engine so i just put it down to the silicone etc!! HOWEVA ive looked in the boot and what appears to be the heatshield (i dont know if it definately is) is just sat there.................is this a problem?.....forgive my naiveity im not technically minded...............thanks
Old 17 March 2007, 12:35 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

where abouts in the engine bay was this "steam" coming from?
Old 17 March 2007, 12:37 PM
scoob93
Scooby Regular

thing is it was really dark last night when i got in so couldnt see but this morning i took a look and noticed i could see the exhaust (downpipe) as clear as day and i never used to be able 2.....................it could well be the silocone but why wouldnt he have put it on dyu think?
Old 17 March 2007, 12:38 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

If its a decat downpipe you done have heatshields on them, well mine doesnt, some people choose to wrap them.

Have you driven the car since?
Old 17 March 2007, 12:43 PM
Quatto
Scooby Regular

What year car do have?
Which cat was removed: downpipe, centre or both, and who was the manufacturer of the replacement sections?

Help us to help you LOL. It's likely if its a downpipe that the orginal heatshield will not fit. Smoke could be coincidental from another problem, or maybe wd40 that was used on the bolt fixings burning off.

Sometimes; depending on year and downpipe makes, the upper half of the orginal heat shield that fits over the turbo can be made to fit, by splitting it off the bottom half of teh heatsehild by drilling out the spotwelds. Obviously you can't do this on all models as they vary from year to year, which is why I ask. It won't have an affect on anything, but it makes it look nicer and more original under the bonnet LOL.

Last edited by Quatto; 17 March 2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 17 March 2007, 12:49 PM
scoob93
Scooby Regular

thanks guys much appreciated, its a my93 wrx and its the full blueflame system which has been fitted so no cat at all now.......................yes ive driven the car for around 25 miles or so since and the temperature is fine and no pick up problems its just when i returned home it was really smokey/steamy.....erm u know what i mean!! hehe
Old 17 March 2007, 12:58 PM
Quatto
Scooby Regular

OK, the heatshelid definetely won't fit without being modified, thats why its in your boot LOL. It can be modified to fit some pipes, but not heard of that one so can't say if it will work.

No idea on the steam, the wd40 or anything else should burn off pretty quick after a decent run. So maybe a good look round the engine bay and underneath when the engine is hot called for, to see if there is something else amiss.
Old 17 March 2007, 01:07 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i might be being a bit presumptious but i guess you have a 1993 scooby (from your name).

This is my 93wrx with an HKS decat pipe
Old 17 March 2007, 01:37 PM
scoob93
Scooby Regular

right ok fellaz an UPDATE!!.................not the exhaust i just popped out 4 a drive came back popped the bonnet and its an oil leak!!.................ok if i can best describe it i put my head under the car and with the oil filter on my left its leaking all across to the right (passenger side) and its obviously steaming!!................any ideas my dad seems to think i may have overfilled the oil and its pressurised?..........
Old 17 March 2007, 01:38 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

have you checked your oil level
Old 17 March 2007, 01:44 PM
scoob93
Scooby Regular

hehe obviously i thought id put the right amount in but evidently!!....................obviously cant check it yet coz its boiling but obviously not gna use scoob coz im lucky i aint already killed it............gna let it settle n av a look...............any ideas tho if its leaking from the right of the oil filter (passenger side) right the way across?