Notices

can you help me?

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2007, 10:17 PM
johnny2007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you help me?

just bought my first scooby and its awsome! but i think somthing is up, its a 1998 s plate, when you put you foot down it seems to stutter coming on boost, and when it does boost, you feel the turbo losse pressure straight way wat could cause this? it has an induction kit which i been told you shouldnt fit but was already on, and also when you accelerate you can hear a sucking noise as the car comes on boost, but then when you cange gear it sounds like its dumping, but thres no dump valve and waste gate is standard, and it does it from around 2500 rpm so not under load like a dump valve would, are these linked? can any one tell me whats up please thanx.
Old 23 February 2007, 10:21 PM
smiler863
Scooby Newbie

Hi I had a similar problem a while back and it was the maf sensor
Old 23 February 2007, 11:08 PM
johnny2007
Scooby Regular

cheers smiler 863, so yours done basicaly what mine does en? go alot beeter now? so ditch the induction kit then? any ideas on the dumping noise?
Old 23 February 2007, 11:08 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

the dumping noise you can here is the standard recirc dv, and the reason you can here it is the induction kit, your getting noise though the filter, as for the power loss check all your turbo pipes are secure if not poss maf
Old 23 February 2007, 11:17 PM
johnny2007
Scooby Regular

thought it was coming from the induction kit wasnt to sure, guna get rid of the induction kit and go standard air box and performance filter, as been told this is better and tha maf wont play up is this true? also seen a set of performance un equal length headres claiming they garauntee an xtra 25 bhp is this right? thanks for your help 34 srm.
Old 24 February 2007, 12:15 AM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

You can keep the induction kit if you want, but might need a new MAF every so often.

The sucking noise you can hear is the turbo spooling, the dumping sound you can hear is the standard dump valve due to the less restrictive path of the air and the removal of the inner wing resonator from the length of the inlet.

The problems with the MAF doesn't come from either of these but comes from the fact the induction kit isn't mounted to the car and moves around.

On the header point don't believe the hype go for tried and tested, a bigger bore header will generally move the power up the rev range, have you thought of ported headers?

I don't have an induction kit as I didn't like the sound, so have a performance panel instead with the snorkle removed

Damo