Notices

Injectors swap out?

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2007, 05:04 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors swap out?

Can anyone offer any advice or guides for swapping injectors over on a classic (going 380cc to 440cc) please? I've searched on here and the posts i've found related to Newage which i'm guessing will be different to the classic.

Cheers
Old 23 February 2007, 05:08 PM
scoobian
Scooby Regular

my classic has 440's...wots yer problem exactly?
how to fit?....max bhp?
Old 23 February 2007, 05:13 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

1) it all depends really if you have a phase 1 or 2, as you will also need a phase kit. if you get the same phase, they will be a strait fit.
2) if you have 380cc injectors on your car. you will need eather a remap or a new ecu, as the injector opening times are different. these 440cc one will over fuel the car

i'm doing the same thing, but being my car is a 95 uk, i need to have the eproms in the chip i have changed.

but on the other hand, once set up. the car will be able to run upto 350bhp with the right mods....

hope this helps
Old 23 February 2007, 06:52 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Sorry scoobian i wasn't clear. I'm in the process of doing my mods prior to mapping and swapping my existing 380cc P1.5 over to 440cc P2 + Carl Davey fitting kit (as well as SX FPR + walbro pump). My question was a pure guide, i can see the NS set are easy enough (famous last words) to get to but the OS set are under the coolant tank (or what ever it is) and curious about the best way to get at them. I know it's best to fit new O rings and grease them a little also but aside from that that's as much as i know!

dabow, yup getting these babes in (hopefully ) ready for the mapping, friend is going to use a wideband (as advised else where by Simon and others) once i have them in so there shouldn't be any issues before the mapping session circa 2 weeks away.
Old 23 February 2007, 08:24 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you've pretty much clocked the problem already on the o/s. You need to remove the header tank to get at them properly. I'd say remove the top half of the airbox, the MAF sensor and pipe and the header tank and then you can get at it all a lot easier.
Old 23 February 2007, 09:50 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Cheers, can the header tank be moved and left in situ, if removed does it need draining (and what's in it?).

thanks
Old 24 February 2007, 01:07 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker
Cheers, can the header tank be moved and left in situ, if removed does it need draining (and what's in it?).

thanks
^ bump ^
Old 24 February 2007, 06:24 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

you will need to disconect the hose to the rear of the header, to take out/i turn them slightly side to side, then use wd40 & pull them out. just be careful as there will be excess fuel going into the cylinders.

when refitting them. just becareful that the bottom o-ring dont come off mate. ps, when using phase 2. the rubber cap at the top will not be needed. & dont tighten up till the top o-ring is fully in. or you can snap the ally bracket
Old 24 February 2007, 11:02 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dabow
you will need to disconect the hose to the rear of the header, to take out/i turn them slightly side to side, then use wd40 & pull them out. just be careful as there will be excess fuel going into the cylinders.

when refitting them. just becareful that the bottom o-ring dont come off mate. ps, when using phase 2. the rubber cap at the top will not be needed. & dont tighten up till the top o-ring is fully in. or you can snap the ally bracket
Cheers , just been off and bought some extra o-rings just in case.

Might be back to this thread shortly if it all goes horribly wrong
Old 24 February 2007, 12:25 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Help!

Is there some knack to getting the existing injectors out of the fuel rail? I've removed the screws + covers and the connectors and try as i might the things aint budging, grrr. Is brute force required with a pair of piler or have i missed something obvious? ta.
Old 24 February 2007, 10:15 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

give em a good tug!!!!

they have been in there a number of years!
Old 24 February 2007, 10:35 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Is the fuel system still pressurised? If you're unlucky the 1st injector you pull could be on the compression cylinder stroke - if a lot of fuel goes in there is a chance of hydraulic lock and a bent rod next time you turn the engine. If you feel that loads of fuel has gone in, pull the sparkplugs, disconnect the crank sensor and turn the engine over (once you've replaced all the injectors!).
Old 24 February 2007, 11:12 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Gave a em several good tugs and all out now .

Jay m A, think i did the first bit ok. I disconnected the fuel pump in the boot (as i was swaping this anyway) and turned over the engine until it died and did the same a couple more times.

Need help here tho, desperate:

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ml#post6692602