Notices

Dump Valve Question ??

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2007, 04:08 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dump Valve Question ??

After reading another thread on a different forum about a fella sellin his GReddy DV got me to thinking,

A member was interested and wondered how loud it was as he currently has a Baileys one (as do I), the seller replied he did not know but the GReddy one would not leak at higher boost like the Baileys one.

Anyway,,,,

Is this a problem with all Baileys dump valves? I dont know what one the seller was refering to but I have the basic twin piston DV from Baileys.

My main question however is, would the leaking boost from the dump valve weaken the way the boost feels from a drivers point of view?

The reason I ask is that lately it feels like the boost is weak on my WRX, I mean the boost gauge reads 0.9 to 1 bar as it should and the dump valve dumps, again, as it should but the boost does not feel as harsh/brutal when it comes in as it did

I have checked all jubilee clips and made sure there are no leaks from any pipework and cant find anything else that may be contributing to the boost feeling so subtle. (I hope I have made sense here and you understand what I am trying to describe)

Anyone any ideas ??
Old 23 February 2007, 06:36 PM
ride5000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many miles on the turbo?

is this DV a true diverter or is it a vent to atmosphere blow off?

either way, a weak/leaky DV/BOV will sap turbo efficiency right off. with a VTA you'll see crazy afrs due to metered air being lost, but with a recirc it's actually kind of tough to diagnose.