TD05 Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2007, 09:36 AM
Andy_C 28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TD05 Turbo Upgrade

Hi guys,

I am looking at buying a TD05 turbo...I am putting the turbo on a MY93 Import Impreza Saloon. Most of the ones I have seen are 16G....what does that mean and is that ok for my purpose?? Also....one boasts that it has been converted to front entry...is that a good thing?!?! If my car is standard do I need a front entry one??

Cheers

Andy
Old 22 February 2007, 09:40 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...za-saloon.html
i'e put a piccy up on where the id plate is on my mates td05 for you(just ask if you need to now where to look)
Front entry on our cars means you have to move some bits around as the space is very limited (not sure what bits though) and i don't think it's worth it if the car is standard but it depends if you are going to mod it at all.
AndyForrestPerformance has a lot of info on turbos

Last edited by myblackwrx; 22 February 2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 22 February 2007, 09:47 AM
Andy_C 28
Scooby Regular

Hi mate...that's excellent...at least I know what I'm looking for now!! Thanks for that mate...much appreciated.
You were saying that on the original pic you put up it was by the bend in the strut brace....is that still the case?? Just so I know what angle to look at it from and where abouts it is!!

Cheers again

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...za-saloon.html
i'e put a piccy up on where the id plate is on my mates td05 for you(just ask if you need to now where to look)
Front entry on our cars means you have to move some bits around as the space is very limited (not sure what bits though) and i don't think it's worth it if the car is standard but it depends if you are going to mod it at all.
AndyForrestPerformance has a lot of info on turbos
Old 22 February 2007, 09:54 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Have you still got the original airbox on if so whilst looking the engine (as in the piccies) on the smaller box of the induction system (in line with the expansion tank)there is a small hose that comes out and is connected to the manifold i removed it and shone a light down there and thats where the plate is on my mates car.
HTH

On my piccy the tube (same one i removed from my mates')I removed is the one coming from hard pipe of my IK kit parallel and below the strut brace

Last edited by myblackwrx; 22 February 2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 22 February 2007, 10:13 AM
Andy_C 28
Scooby Regular

No mate I have got an aftermarket induction kit. I will check and see if I can see the plate from where you are describing. I will remove the tube for the induction kit and see if that helps me at all.
Watch this space mate!! I will try and look tonight but it will be dark so probably harder to see. Prob best to put a camera in as far as I can get and take a pic!

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Have you still got the original airbox on if so whilst looking the engine (as in the piccies) on the smaller box of the induction system (in line with the expansion tank)there is a small hose that comes out and is connected to the manifold i removed it and shone a light down there and thats where the plate is on my mates car.
HTH

On my piccy the tube (same one i removed from my mates')I removed is the one coming from hard pipe of my IK kit parallel and below the strut brace
Old 22 February 2007, 10:35 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

I found shining a torch on it helped whilst i was looking at the screen of my digi camera.Actually if it is dark it may show up the plate a lot easier.