Notices

Fitting KYB AGX & Eibach springs MY00

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2007, 03:17 PM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting KYB AGX & Eibach springs MY00

We fitted the the front shocks and springs last night, and tonight its the turn of the rears, I noticed there are some clear plastic sleeves on the rear springs, do these need to be near anywhere in particular? (top or bottom of spring?)

Ive heard that the rear seat needs to come out as do the selt belt tensioners.

Have to say that not overly impressed with the front set up thus far, grinding noise on full left lock, ride feels just as bad as when the front shock & springs were knackered!! Bloody hope when the rears are done it feels better than it does now!
Old 25 January 2007, 05:57 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you've got more of a problem than just the dampers and springs? Surely if they felt bad before, and now you've replaced the setup with brand new parts and it rides just as bad plus now it makes a grinding noise...either you've fitted them wrong or there's something else knackered in there?

Is the car totally standard apart from the new dampers and springs? Because I'm running standard 16's on a MY98 WRX and fitted a full set of KYBs and Eibach springs myself, and there was not a single problem.

BTW the coil sleeves are down the bottom IIRC. Just look at which way up the writing is on the spring.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:16 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

recently fitted kyb shocks with eibach springs all round on my94 with no problems at all and ride is much better but front still needs to be a bit lower ! leave the plastic sleeves where they are at the bottom , just make sure you fit the right springs to the front + rear as people in the past have put the rear springs on the front and fronts on the rear !!
Old 26 January 2007, 12:13 AM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

All done, yep plastic sleeves at the base of the springs. Already have solid Droplinks, adj 22 rollbar, and ALK.

The old rear shocks and springs were well worn, set the new ones to 5 on the rear dial 3 on the front, and straight away much better, no front lift under accelerating and no front dive when braking, much firmer around corners.

I presume the springs will need time to settle, then will do the geometry at PS.

Took a far amount of time, but worth it in the end.......big thanks to Chris for the help.