Tips & tricks for Import STI 5

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 04:06 PM
Andy-STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Tips & tricks for Import STI 5

Hi all

Recently purchased a Jap Import STI 5 which has a decat but nothing else done to it. It drives quite well but tyres need replacing soon so will replace & get a geometry setup done at the same time.

After reading historical posts it would seem logical to have a map done to extract a bit more driveability & mid-range torque (not really interested in going over 111-120). Before the map I was going to install the uprated fuel pump. Is there any other bits I should really consider before the map ?

Whats your opinion onthe Scooby shop ?
Is it worth the money to become a member to get the discount on products ?

Appreciate your comments & any other easy improvements I can do before the map.

Thanks Andy.

Last edited by Andy-STI; 16 January 2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 17 January 2007, 07:16 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get it remapped to protect it as Japanese SUL is 100ron and the STIV / P1 ecu is marginal on poorer quality fuel - will also give you the other benefits mentioned.

Uprated fuel pump and 3 way boost solenoid will probably be suggested by a decent remapper.

Don't put an induction kit on without careful mapping for that and given that you seem to intend to keep the car fairly standard and are not going to be caning it too much I'd just stick with the standard or STI filter.

Good geom set up - prodrive or Whiteline settings or Powerstation plus bumpsteer mod - and solid ARB drop links.

Change the oil? Motul 300V IMO and away you go..