Notices

DONE IT BUT IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2006, 08:22 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DONE IT BUT IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!

After 3 weeks of leaking oil on the floor and oil all over the underneith of the engine and chassis i finally decided to do it all myself !!
Got a new cambelt and front crankshaft oil seal from subaru and 5liters of 75/90 gearbox and rear diff oil from cpa.
got up at 8 this morning and done diff oil first then gearbox oil (after driving it to warm it up), what a time consuming and arsehole job it is to refill the gearbox oil through the dipstick hole !! but done it ! then took rad out and cambelt off and prayed it was the crankshaft oil seal leaking , didnt look like it at first but after removing the sprocket you could see it was leaking changed the seal without removing the oil pump and put it all back together and added new anti-freeze , job done .
all i can say is what an **** it is trying to hold all those cam sprockets still and trying to get the new belt on at the same time , took 3 atempts and i had to get me bird to give me a hand with that bit
after 5 hours work there are now no more oil leaks and the gears feel better too ! but what a job , worth it though
Old 29 December 2006, 08:25 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SNAP-ON
After 3 weeks of leaking oil on the floor and oil all over the underneith of the engine and chassis i finally decided to do it all myself !!
Got a new cambelt and front crankshaft oil seal from subaru and 5liters of 75/90 gearbox and rear diff oil from cpa.
got up at 8 this morning and done diff oil first then gearbox oil (after driving it to warm it up), what a time consuming and arsehole job it is to refill the gearbox oil through the dipstick hole !! but done it ! then took rad out and cambelt off and prayed it was the crankshaft oil seal leaking , didnt look like it at first but after removing the sprocket you could see it was leaking changed the seal without removing the oil pump and put it all back together and added new anti-freeze , job done .
all i can say is what an **** it is trying to hold all those cam sprockets still and trying to get the new belt on at the same time , took 3 atempts and i had to get me bird to give me a hand with that bit
after 5 hours work there are now no more oil leaks and the gears feel better too ! but what a job , worth it though

Good job well done, It does get annoying when you struggle , But when it's all done & works properly, The feeling of achievment is Good

Dean
Old 29 December 2006, 08:56 PM
bowsaaa
Scooby Regular

Its a lot of effort for such a small seal, especially in this weather mate. Bet your fingers are a bit numb.
Old 29 December 2006, 09:17 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

numb and cut knuckles from the poxy n/s cam pulleys keep jumping from ya hands !!
Old 29 December 2006, 10:46 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She sounds worth marrying!
Great to do a job and then it works after!
Graham