ABS Warning light

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 05:47 PM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Warning light

Hi,
Can anyone help me?,last night whilst out driving the ABS warning light came on & stayed on until I turned the ignition off.
When I restarted & drove away the light stayed off for abour 5 or 6 miles then came on again,I am guessing its one of the wheel sensors on its way out but have no idea which one it could be?
Is there a way to test the sensors individually to find the faulty one as I don't want to shell out for a complete set of them.

The car is a 1998 UK Turbo 2000 incase it matters

Cheers

Justin

I have also posted this in the wheels,tyres & brakes section
Old 22 December 2006, 07:42 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I guess a dealer could check on the select monitor. I had to replace a rear sensor. Dealer wanted nearly £200 for one!! got one fom grade A for £25 and fitted it myself. Job done. One problem for you is, that all four are different, so you can't even buy one and do trial and error until you find the offender.

Jmaes
Old 29 December 2006, 09:07 AM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

Looks like a trip to my local dealer is on the cards then

Cheers James
Old 29 December 2006, 10:49 AM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

one thing to check however is the connections under your rear seat.. it's common for these to break or come disconnected... however dealer will tell you exactly what the problem is when plugged in to a select monitor...
Old 29 December 2006, 11:30 AM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

hmmmm might give that a look as I had the rear seat out recently,although it was fine for a week or two since doing that
Old 31 December 2006, 12:48 AM
griz4718
Scooby Newbie

I have a 98 Impreza which had the ABS light come on. I don't know if your car is the same but there was a connector under the dash that allows you to retreive the code that set off the light. The code on my car indicated a problem with the "G Sensor". If you find the connector the "ABS" light will blink the code with a series of long and short flashes. It might save you a few unnecessary part changes. Hope this helps a little.
Old 31 December 2006, 01:01 AM
goatblower
Scooby Regular

Well,
I got back from Spain this afternoon & took the car for a good long drive,I am pleased to report that the warning light has not come back on at all
The only thing I can think of,looking back to the night it happened,is that it came on whilst driving along a particularly bumpy section of the A331 & the second time it came on was on the way back on the same bumpy bit of DC so I am thinking its either the connector under the seat is a little loose and just needs pushing back together properly or it was that bumpy that the G Sensor had a spazz attack
Either way its been ok since & I gave it a good 2 hr thrash today,checked the ABS was working several times! might have the back seat up tomorrow and check the connector

Cheers for the feedback/input chaps