Notices

would i need another remap!

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2006, 02:59 PM
paul sanderson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would i need another remap!

bit of help please fellas! apart from exhaust dump valve an filter my 99 turbo is standard! so thinking of getting a remap at scoob clinic. thing is at a later date when ive got more funds i would like a fmic and a bigger turbo. would i need another full remap after each one of thesemods! or can you get part remaps... thanks!
Old 18 December 2006, 03:06 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Probably best waiting for when the fmic and the bigger turbo fitted to get the best and more cost effectiveness out of a remap.
Your dump valve and filter wont make that much differance to be honest to warrent a remap IMHO.
You can have an already mapped car remapped at a slightly lower cost

Do a search on ecutek and on remaps

Richard
Old 18 December 2006, 03:20 PM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Well the intercooler really just allows the turbo you have to work harder (whatever turbo it is). When the boost goes up the air is heated more and therefore needs cooling properly to keep the charge temerature safe.

So if you get a remap then fit the fmic, you'll be fine and you would notice little or no improvement in performance if you remapped after changing just the IC.

However when you chage the turbo you will deffinately need a remap. To get the best out of a performace mod you always need a remap.

You would be better off changing the exhaust system before chaning the turbo though.

I have a 97 car - standard 208bhp. I changed the exhaust to a Miltek system with a sports cat down pipe and added orginal but flowed manifolds too and even without a remap I got 240bhp. On a standard turbo after a remap I was up to about 265bhp.

Now have a new turbo too, and have more still, but I need a remap to get the best out of it.

I had a turbo problem, which meant I didn't get the mapping done ideally for the set up I have but hey. BTW I'm still on original IC and have 300bhp, which will be upped a little still further eventually.

Depending on the turbo and final power you are looking for, you may not need the FMIC. But certainly if you are looking for over 270 the standard TD04 turbo you have is the limiting factor, but you need a suitable exhaust too.

Best of luck though - certianly puts a smile on your face when you get it done
Old 18 December 2006, 03:20 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

If it's Ecutek remap then first map includes the Ecutek license fee.
Any subsequent maps are charged at mappers time only, so should be a lot cheaper. I dont know if subsequent maps can 'tweak' the original or whether they have to start from scratch with a base map again as this will probably affect the cost. I'm sure someone who's had multiple maps at the clinic will tell you.