Notices

98JDM IC to 04USDM IC modification

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2006, 11:34 PM
usmarine24m
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98JDM IC to 04USDM IC modification

ok for some reasone i can't get the pictures to appear.. i searched for how to do it to see if i was doing something wrong and maybe its just my computer but everyone elses photos on this site are appearing as links too.. anyways..

The problem: intercooler hits IAC

got the flange as u can see so now its just of matter of modifying..
I got rid of the flange on intercooler that sticks out and make a plate to match.
Each edge is beveled, both the plate and the intercooler itself, to get a better weld and so i can sand everything down.
That way you'll never be able to tell that plate is even there.. it will all be flat... i left the threaded hole on the left side there because i'll be using that for a temp sensor.

Next i'm going to cut off the hose connection for the BPV on my JDM IC, weld it on the USDM IC (with a hole there of course), and then if i need to modify the positon of where my BPV is located i can just do it by changing/moving the hose going from the intercooler to the BPV adaptor i got.

I've got a cobb up-pipe on my car so i took the stock up upipe and cut out the subaru lettering on it.
I also took my factory downpipe ( the one in which the cat caught on fire) and grinded off enough welds so i could remove the covers. I'll be putting them on my aftermarket downpipe and welding them back up, making everything look factory and like i have a cat(but i dont shhh).
under where the subaru lettering is i'll be making that flat so it fits smooth against it, gonna get the other part welded first so i can sand everything down

oh yeah and scooby is glad i'm finally done grinding/making noise.. he was just staring at me giving me dirty looks.. haha