Notices

Window problems, please help.....

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2006, 03:33 PM
larsdowg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window problems, please help.....

odd.... I was driving along the other day (newage 2001 WRX) with my drivr window down about an inch at about 70MPH or there abouts and the window sucked out about 1/2 inch. I pulled over and put the window down and up again.
Ever since then the window seems to goe down faster at one end than the other and up the same, and doesnt seat properly. It either catches the plastic when openeing and closing the door or doesnt sit correctly at the front rubber seal... down a bit.
I can resolve this by pulling the front of the window when I close it on auto close.... I have read previous posts on similar issues and have had the door apart and the window seems to still be in its runners front and back and the mechanism all seems to be working as it should but I still have the issues with the window going up at the wrong angle etc....
Anyone got any ideas please? or pics of where the issue might be, hopefully it will eb something simple however I cant see it with the door apart.
Any help appreciated, cheers
Old 17 December 2006, 08:01 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

I have had similar.

Sounds like one or more of the bolts holding the window winder mechanism to the door have slackened off, allowing the mechanism to twist when operated.

Martin
Old 22 June 2007, 10:41 AM
larsdowg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs
I have had similar.

Sounds like one or more of the bolts holding the window winder mechanism to the door have slackened off, allowing the mechanism to twist when operated.

Martin
Sorted actually got round to taking the door panels off the scoob the other weekend, when it wasnt p155ing it down and drowning everything! (think I might build and ark!) low and behold it was 2 out of the 4 motor bolts that had decided to pop out of the inside of the door panel and sit themselves in the bottom of the door.

The holes had gone oval and dropped out the bolts, so I fitted some washers, tidied the holes up with a little bit of smoothing with a lump hammer and fitted the bolts in with loctite (suggested by Chandlers Subaru in Grantham) thanks chaps!

So I can now use my window, which became a real pain in the Ar53 with carparking barriers getting tickets!

So cheers all sorted now

Larsdowg