Notices

which turbo and intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2006, 03:23 PM
gartracnick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which turbo and intercooler

right guys, i have just come into a bit of cash, enough to get a turo and intercooler, so i want to get one so as before i spend it on summin else lol
there seems to be so many turbos to choose from and i dunno which one is best for me, any help would be much apprieceated.
i am only after bout 300-320 bhp. i am running standard internals so wont want to run more than 1.4 bar max. i really want the turbo to be pumping right through the rev range as the standard turbo on my00 turbo 2000 uk car seems strong at bout 4500rpm then dies bout 5500. which turbos will pull hard to the redline lol.
i would maybe like to get one off ebay or secondhand giving me extra cash to spend elsewhere.
turbos i seem to see a lot of r vf23, 24, 28,
which will be a good turbo for what im lookin for.
also what sort of power can i run my tmic to safetly, or when shall i upgrade to a better tmic (which one) i dont really want to fit a fmic due to the fitting part of it. what sort of clutch would be up 2 thejob also, cheapest is good lol.
cheers foryour help guys.
Old 14 December 2006, 03:31 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

remember youd need a remap too so factor that in, your IC should just about be ok for that level so no point in changing it, if you can get holdof a low miles VF28 that should sort you out. If not then a TD05 16g would also do.

injectors should be ok as you have 440s already so no need to do anything with those. Your standard clutch should be man enough for the job, unless you thrash your car 24/7 in which case you may want to upgrade to an exedy performance organic from the likes of API or AS performance.
Old 14 December 2006, 05:33 PM
New_scooby_04

If you're going to upgrade the turbo, you'd be wise to consider other supporting mods too.

Have a look at this thread.
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...xperience.html

I got 319bhp and 316 ft pounds torque out of my MY99 thanks to APi and BRD.

Ns04
Old 14 December 2006, 05:59 PM
gartracnick
Scooby Regular

Default mods

cheers mate, nice to read a persons view of the whole process, i had already sorted out all other supporting mods i was just stuck with what turbo to use and wether i should bother with a better intercooler. glad your happy with the results. i should be seeing the same sort of power once its all done. cheers. nick j