Notices

technical help please

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2006, 07:06 PM
stevenet15
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default technical help please

ok, my dads got a subaru 05 wrx turbo, i fitted a decat stright through exhaust system to it see pics below, anyway i fitted it and everything is fine, then 2 weeks after fittign it i fitted a dump valve to the car ran it but if felt like the dump valve wasnt workign right as when u released the accelerator it felt like the car still wanted to go as if there was still boost in the inlet & the engine management light came on. so i took the dump valve off but the engine light stayed on. i took it to a local performance garage to get them to errase the faults and told them bout the exhaust, they then said that if i dont remove the decat exhaust then the engine will blow up/seise. personally i cant understand how having a decat/stright through exhaust on a turbo car could make it blow up. he then said if i get it remapped then it will be ok and wont blow up. what u lot reckon?

standard:

bored out and decatted:
Old 13 December 2006, 07:37 PM
log1
Scooby Regular

hi, i had the same problem when i put a 3" full exhaust on my car, to get the cell light off you need to do what they calla cell fix. the sensor in the up pipe is the one that is causing you the problem. you need the follow the sensor wire up into the engine bay and it is located on the left hand side. unplug the sensor and close the circuit with a amp. and then reset your ecu. if that dosnt help do a search on exhaust cell fix or ring tsl and they will help you and your car will not blow up.
Old 13 December 2006, 10:47 PM
stevenet15
Scooby Newbie

thanks i have searched nd read up about it but i cant find anywhere that sells a cel fix, can some one post some links