WHAT EXHAUST FOR A WR1

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2006, 01:07 PM
Manic Mav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT EXHAUST FOR A WR1

Hi to all,
Can anyone advise on what exhaust i can fit to my new toy,its an 04 wr1 with standard full prodrive system fitted,but its just to quiet.

Also, will it affect the performance of the car and need remapping after fitting.
I have had classic scoobs before,a 6x4 oval magnex on a wagon,liked the sound but not the looks,also a 3.5 round on a saloon,but that was a bit to quiet aswell.

All help much appreciated.
Cheers
Old 10 December 2006, 05:52 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

If you just change the backbox, it won't need remapping, and will probably have no noticable effect on performance compared to the prodrive item, which is not really restrictive at all at those kind of power outputs. Backboxes make by far the biggest difference to overall noise levels.

As for which one - the only way to tell that is to go along to a meet (or failing that a suitable shop, and listen to different exhausts on different cars, and go with one you like. Different people will recommend different things, but it boils down to personal preference; I like the sound of my exhaust, but I think you'd find it too quiet.
Old 10 December 2006, 07:54 PM
Manic Mav
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help,i think the best way is to go to a meet and have a look and listen,there is so many to choose from.
Dose anyone know when the next meet is in the merseyside area.
Old 10 December 2006, 08:34 PM
derek sti
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Manic Mav
Thanks for your help,i think the best way is to go to a meet and have a look and listen,there is so many to choose from.
Dose anyone know when the next meet is in the merseyside area.
best sounding,nice and agresive blitz nur spec r but get remap.
Old 21 December 2006, 09:43 PM
scoobycarsean
Scooby Regular

hi there i have just had a new exhaust on my scooby i have got 03 wrx i had the same standard pro drive system to quiet so i got a system full called jap speed this inc down pipe had it fitted 20 12 06 by hayward and scott it sounds so nice you can have it loud or low quiet which i like if you go on long runs i have decatted the system there are three cat in all 3inch all the way thought and 4half inch tail pipe and it looks great and with out the cats it is so much faster and i mean so much faster do it it will be the best thing you will ever do hope this helps
Old 21 December 2006, 10:54 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

Originally Posted by scoobycarsean
hi there i have just had a new exhaust on my scooby i have got 03 wrx i had the same standard pro drive system to quiet so i got a system full called jap speed this inc down pipe had it fitted 20 12 06 by hayward and scott it sounds so nice you can have it loud or low quiet which i like if you go on long runs i have decatted the system there are three cat in all 3inch all the way thought and 4half inch tail pipe and it looks great and with out the cats it is so much faster and i mean so much faster do it it will be the best thing you will ever do hope this helps
Good god that's a long sentence.

Dont do this on your WR1 without remapping!

wr1oc.co.uk for WR1 specific info.

As said above, it depends on noise and looks. - everyone will advise you to put what they have on, but everyone's tastes are different.
Old 22 December 2006, 08:27 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Check the For Sale section,I hear Milltek a very,very,very good