Notices

bug eye tuning question ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2006, 10:27 PM
firstscoobdude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bug eye tuning question ???????????

ive got a deal on the cards with a my01 bugeye , just wondering what the best exhaust system { full decat } and induction kit you guys would recomend as it is all still standard { well apart from backbox } and if / when i change them would it need a remap ?
Old 03 December 2006, 10:57 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

K&N Typhoon induction kit for the win! Im not sure about exhaust wise though, but if your going for full decat, yes a remap will be needed,
Old 03 December 2006, 11:05 PM
jaydut
Scooby Regular

Be carefull with induction kits if its over oiled it will **** up your MAF sensor id just uprate the panel filter and keep the standard airbox.I have an MY02 bugeye with a full decat and it makes hell of a difference but your neighbours will hate you for it
Old 03 December 2006, 11:06 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd take a few days to read about Bugeye WRX mods !! Cheap as chips to buy but care with modding

Leave the induction alone as it's good for 300 BHP plus and go for de-cat, panel filter and re-map !! Subaru left a lot in reserve when the car left the factory ..........

Midlife.....
Old 03 December 2006, 11:13 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
I'd take a few days to read about Bugeye WRX mods !! Cheap as chips to buy but care with modding

Leave the induction alone as it's good for 300 BHP plus and go for de-cat, panel filter and re-map !! Subaru left a lot in reserve when the car left the factory ..........

Midlife.....
listern to this man

if you think in the future you may want to go over 350 bhp you may want to go for a 3 inch exhaust other wise a 2.5 will be fine

if you want to keep road legal get you self a sports cat down pipe , if you don't care a decat will be cheaper

( there are 3 cats, downpipe, uppipe and centre you really want to get rid of all of them )

backbox will be more about noice than performance

imho stay clear of induction and dump valves at this stage
Old 04 December 2006, 12:44 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Agreed, stay clear of induction kits and dump valves. The standard dump valve will quite happily cope with your first (and probably many more) phases of mods. Either of these will just be a waste of money and in fact induction kits often appear to cause various running problems from the number of posts about them.

Personally I'd replace up/pipe and downpipe, remove centre cat, pop on a ScoobySport/H&S etc back box. Add a K+N or Green panel filter and get it remapped. Remap it when you install the filter and exhaust as doing these will change the fuelling characteristics. This should take you into 260+ on a UK bugeye WRX, with quicker turbo spool-up and sufficient torque to be going on with for now.

Then do the rear ARB and droplinks with whitelines and get a geometry setup (maybe do that first!) and replace the brake pads with Mintex 1144's which are good enough for faster road, but dont require the warming up so you can drive to work at a normal speed first thing in the morning without knocking old ladies over on zebras. (crossings, not actual zebras !)

Some would probably say do the handling/braking mods before the performance, but it's your choice of course.

Have a read of this...
https://www.scoobynet.com/newage-imp...fications-376/
Old 04 December 2006, 10:36 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funky

What a Class reply and a lot of typing LOL, as was WRX Rich's

I agree 99.9999 percent but would rather go for the Pagid blues for a brake pad as they are quite a bit cleaner but a bit noisier

Shaun

Trending Topics

Old 06 December 2006, 10:15 PM
firstscoobdude
Scooby Regular

cheers guys i will keep ya posted .