Notices

missfire after turbo use

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2006, 04:51 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy missfire after turbo use

hello im having some problems diagnosing the fault on my turbo 2000 94. after a blast up to 7000 rpm the car sounded somewhat diff like the exhaust was holed or something,no smoke still ticking over but missfiring??? the car starts fine and ticks over,have had coilpacks checked and one side faulty but still miss fire??? im thinking that due to the missfire happening during turbo, the belt may have jumped a tooth??? is that likely? any comments would b welcome. sssssteeeee also the miss fire is permenant............

Last edited by sssssteeeee; 18 November 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 19 November 2006, 12:10 AM
green un
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sssssteeeee
the car starts fine and ticks over,have had coilpacks checked and one side faulty but still miss fire???
if one side is faulty i would get em changed. some of my coil packs were cracked-split but it would idle ok only at high rpm would they break down.

green un
Old 24 November 2006, 03:21 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

mmmmmmm????????????? and mmmmmmmmmm again! ;0/ well ok the coilpacks are working , and still no improvement missfire still very much in evidence,after some more consultations i believe that it may b a fault with the ecu,injecting the petrol in at the wrong point ie ignition timming is out so poss timming belt been thrown a tooth or so,will know in next 2 - 3 days.but pleased to say no smoke!!! and no banging knocking ! smells of petrol something cronic though! but i like it!!but hope it shall b fixed soon and then no smells, mab i could locate some petrol smelling air freshners !. onwards.
Old 24 November 2006, 04:59 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Go back to basics, Spark plugs, Been replaced recently ?? Check the Gap accurately & if correct go to 0.6 or 0.5 replace & try again if the Missfire gets less, thats pointing at coil packs, If it makes no difference & the plugs are not fairly new , i would replace, It is unlikely to be the Ecu, But could be related to a low grade petrol if you have put some in .

Dean
Old 25 November 2006, 02:38 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

thanks dean, im having the car checked by a local subaru garage, will b interesting to hear what they tell on mon -tues. reackon a diagnostic machine should tell alot. steve
Old 27 November 2006, 05:44 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

well looks like dean was rite!!!! chears! i think its rite in these situations when the car is not well we often jump the gun and think the worst,doesnt help though not having any access to changing the plugs,but hey! am very very happy to learn it was simply plugs,not a cam or holed piston. thanks steve better go get some petrol!
Old 27 November 2006, 10:56 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sssssteeeee
well looks like dean was rite!!!! chears! i think its rite in these situations when the car is not well we often jump the gun and think the worst,doesnt help though not having any access to changing the plugs,but hey! am very very happy to learn it was simply plugs,not a cam or holed piston. thanks steve better go get some petrol!
Good Show.

Nice when it is relatively cheap & easy to Fix
Dean